• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Strange Facts

Ok, heres a good one:
New Jersey once tried to enact legislation to make "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen the official state song......until someone finally read the lyrics and realized the song is about LEAVING New Jersey

West Virginia again....

A person may be placed in jail for up to six months for making fun of someone who does not accept a challege.

A person may not hold public office if he or she has ever participated in a duel.

For each act of public swearing a person shall be fined one dollar.

According to the state constitution, it is unlawful for anyone to own a red or a black flag.

Roadkill may be taken home for supper.

Whistling underwater is prohibited

One may not walk a lion, tiger or leopard, even on a leash.

No member of the clergy is allowed to tell jokes or humorous stories from the pulpit during a church service.

in Alabama

It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.

Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.

You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.

Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.

It is considered an offense to open an umbrella on a street, for fear of spooking horses.

Incestuous marriages are legal.

It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.

It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.

It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday.

Now Here is a Classic!!!!

It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

rainbowberry said:
My Aunt who has just moved from Switzerland said "You're not allowed to mow your lawn or wash your car on Sundays over there".

Good thing for me i don't have to do either.

rainbowberry said:
My Aunt who has just moved from Switzerland said "You're not allowed to mow your lawn or wash your car on Sundays over there".

We still have lots of blue laws on the books in South Carolina. It wasn't until last year that counties were allowed to set their own regulations about Sunday beer sales.

There is a large mall that straddles two counties on the other side of town. For years, the stores that were in one county were allowed to open before 1:00 on Sunday, all the others in the mall had to wait.

some of those are really funny!
do any of you have a little monthly newspaper called the "tidbits" ? they have alot of funny information in them.

chilehunter said:
some of those are really funny!
do any of you have a little monthly newspaper called the "tidbits" ? they have alot of funny information in them.

where can i get it? i need more useless knowledge

its a local small newspaper, only a couple pages good enough to read while on lunch.
also its not full of useless information, depending how you want to look at it. there history tidbits for the month or date, theres strange news in it (like darwin or other kind) then there plenty of information about things you might not know about certain things some strange some interesting.

I dont know if you can recieve these where you are but I'm sure you could get the papaer going in your area.
if you want I can give you the info to see if some small newspaper corp. or buisnesses would like to get this going in your location.

they even made 3 books, & I bought them to read, kinda funny & interesting tidbits.

chilehunter said:
its a local small newspaper, only a couple pages good enough to read while on lunch.
also its not full of useless information, depending how you want to look at it. there history tidbits for the month or date, theres strange news in it (like darwin or other kind) then there plenty of information about things you might not know about certain things some strange some interesting.

I dont know if you can recieve these where you are but I'm sure you could get the papaer going in your area.
if you want I can give you the info to see if some small newspaper corp. or buisnesses would like to get this going in your location.

For sure man! You can either post it up here or pm me. Thx

Back