• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Strong Root Systems...Boosters?

Anyone use rooting hormones or "root boosters" for their seedlings or young plants? Recommendations?

I was looking at a product called Humboldt Roots. It claims to promote "insane root growth". Wondering if it really does what it claims to do.

Thanks.

I know that some mychorrizal fungi is supposed to help with roots, never used root hormones before except when cloning plants although i guess it couldn't hurt at transplant time.

But yeah, i'm going to give the whole mychorrizal fungus thing a shot, its supposed to have a symbiotic relationship with roots and help with nutrient uptake and stuff by increasing the surface area of the roots. Also protects against bad fungi.
http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=MMX405

You can find stuff with the fungi in it for cheaper but i'm too lazy that was first that popped up lol.

Oh, and for the record, coco produces "insane root growth" with no additives necessary. Crazy aerated but still holds tons of moisture, you get huge roots quick I'll show pics once my seedlings get a bit larger.

Be careful, I used a mychorrizal fungi product that was supposed to promote good root growth, and that's about all I had, root growth. Careful reading of the tiny stuff on the labels reveled that it was for large shrubs and trees.

A lot of so called root simulators are nothing but very expensive vitamin B, so read the ingredient label before buying

Excuse me for hijacking the thread but do you have better results with putting the clones directly into soil or starting them in water?

A little oat meal, bone meal, even corn meal does good things for the roots and if you have some spare hair that works very well over a longer time frame.
Jim

Pam said:
*spurf!*
You owe me a new keyboard

Okay, you can "try" to pick it up while you are stealing my tomatoes and Red Noodle Beans this summer. But my Brugs will be wired, so don't even think about trying to take the pots they will be in.

Mike

Back