• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Stuffing

I am wanting to grow some peppers for stuffing next season and I don't know which is better for stuffing. Pablano or anaheim, or maybe even one I don't know about I just need it to be a good size to stuff and not be real hot. So lemme know what you would use!

They're not big enough to stuff IMO. you could always cut them in half, empty them and go all popper Kung Fu on their little buns!
Best option would probably be stuffing a Bell pepper of some sort and spicing up the mix you use to stuff them with.

I grew both this season...and while I normally use Poblano for stuffing, because they tend to be a little larger in diameter and hold more stuffing,I love the flavor of the Anaheim's so much I stuff them also. I just have to make a couple extra....and they never go to waste.

My Kung Fu...
9sWAU2LOWwnl3dl5jKZY5weCo.jpg

None of the Nu-Mex varieties are hot but all have flavor : Anneheims are flatter but make a great grilling pepper,(hatch style), Pablano as Monatra said "makes great Rellenos", as Omri shows similar type pepper can be sliced and stuffed, (man that mixture looks great) but if you intend to stuff a pepper upright you need a 4 lobed bell, and of course a whicked stuffing to go with!

Jimmy Nardello sweet peppers have a slightly thinner wall, but are good for stuffing IMO. I spice up my filler and YUM

at costco there is stuffed Jalapeno with feta and they are in canola oil.

anyone know if it's only feta in those pepper or it's a mix of feta and other ingredient?
anyone have a similar but better recipe?

The only answer is Poblano.

Oh my friend, I wish you could visit me. You would change your mind in a heartbeat.
icon_smile.gif
There are a few New Mexico long green chile types that are very hot (not superhot status) and plenty meaty. Some of the Lumbre and Barker Hots can bring most people to their knees. They make wonderful chiles rellenos.

Sorry xXA, I did not answer you question correctly. If you can get Big Jim chiles, they are the best of the New Mexico types for making rellenos. They usually are mild to medium in heat.

Im very interested in getting a hold of some big jim chiles, if I cant I will probably go with poblanos... It sucks that pepperlover.com does not have either. I have put together the rest of my list to grow there... is there anywhere based in the U.S. that sells the big jim chile seeds? (I would imagine I could find the poblanos in seed pack at lowes or wal-mart). Oh and just to clarify inst an ancho chile and a poblano the same?

Anaheims with dill cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, and a few little extra bits of bacon mixed in with the cream cheese. mmm

The CPI at NMSU sells them. I also have them at midwestchileheads. Get the heritage big jim - it has more heat and flavor. And yes, an ancho is a dried poblano. Many chiles have different names for their dried varieties.

Im very interested in getting a hold of some big jim chiles, if I cant I will probably go with poblanos... It sucks that pepperlover.com does not have either. I have put together the rest of my list to grow there... is there anywhere based in the U.S. that sells the big jim chile seeds? (I would imagine I could find the poblanos in seed pack at lowes or wal-mart). Oh and just to clarify inst an ancho chile and a poblano the same?

:bump:
any recommendations on a good stuff-able bananna pepper? ive grown an x3r hybrid, but the pods are somewhat small and not hot at all.
ive been rocking this recipe, id just like to work with larger pods.

Back