• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Stupid Wind

Well I come home from my last night shift this morning and what do I see.

My poor Bhut Jolokia pot took a harsh tumble on to the deck, breaking an entire side of stems. :cry:

IMG_20100904_071256.jpg

And in an utter state of denial, I decide to bust out the sturdy ties. In my mind it will help...

IMG_20100904_071728.jpg

Really, what else can I actually do here? Chop him and start his overwintering process early? The harsh temperature fluctuation had already made many of his leaves drop. A lot of my potted peppers have been very stressed from the weather.

Really, what else can I actually do here?

Take all the broken pieces and start cloning them. As long as they're still green they will take. Make some chicken soup out of chicken shit! The clones will never produce this year, but you'll have a ton of nice plants next year

Take all the broken pieces and start cloning them. As long as they're still green they will take. Make some chicken soup out of chicken shit! The clones will never produce this year, but you'll have a ton of nice plants next year

Good idea. Took one of the bigger ones and plopped it in a glass of water with plastic wrap over it. Poked the stem them and put it by the window. Never done it before but I'll patiently wait for roots.

My bell took a hit today. Lost a limb with 9 pods on it. 1 was pretty much ripe but the others were in various stages of growth. Just part of gardening I guess. I hope your Bhut heals.

Back