• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Substitute Nutes?

The leaves on 1-2 plants are starting to curl and I read on here that it is most likley a calcium defiency. I have no place to get anything with calcium in it so I was wondering if there is anything I can sub in like mabye Tums or something. If I am way out on a limb then feel free to call me crazy
Anyway, here is a pic. the bishops crown is the victim

pepperseedlings219.jpg

Don't overdo it like me also I was reading somewhere once they have a curl , even if you put calcium in the pot it wont take it away because it wont spread to that leaf forgot what the guy said that was * scientific thing* but it will help with the new leave's that sprout. Don't take my word for it though im not expert by any mean's.

The pics look fine to me, so I would be careful about tinkering too much with the chems. You could wind up chasing your tail. I've seen them go through different changes and coming back strong on their own. I only use friendly ferts and easy on the water. They like to get a daily drink, but not to soak in it.

Gypsum like for brewing, right?

No, you can get it at just about any garden store.

Someone was telling me how to use vinegar to dissolve egg shells for a liquid Ca source. He said once they stop dissolving the ph is correct. I would never have the patience :cool:

Back