• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Suggestions on what i should grow this coming season

I think the Carbonero, 7 Pot Pink and Paper Lantern habs would all fit the bill for you. They all have really good flavor and habanero class heat, but without the strong chinense taste that a lot of habaneros have. So they shouldn't overpower the taste of the food you put them in. They are three of my favorite chinense types for eating fresh, and I plan to grow all three of them myself next season. I grew the Carbonero this season, and they were quite productive, as well as being very tasty. The 7 Pot White is also very nice, and just a bit hotter than the other 3, IMO.

For superhot class heat, I suggest that you try the Yellow Brainstrain. Great, fruity flavor, plenty of heat and the pods can get pretty large. 

For seeds, I suggest Whitehotpeppers.com https://www.whitehotpeppers.com/collections/all-pepper-seeds The site is run by a respected member here (jcw10tc) and has a great selection, including some pretty rare and unusual stuff. Just be aware that most of the seeds are OP (the description will indicate if they are ISO or OP seeds). I had good results with his seeds this season. Also, Justin is great to deal with and treats his customers extremely well. 

I second trying 7 Pot Pink.  The burgundy and pink are my two favorite 7 pots.  If you haven't tried Bahamian Goat, it is a must.  It's great for eating sliced over all types of foods.

BlackFatalii said:
I think the Carbonero, 7 Pot Pink and Paper Lantern habs would all fit the bill for you. They all have really good flavor and habanero class heat, but without the strong chinense taste that a lot of habaneros have. So they shouldn't overpower the taste of the food you put them in. They are three of my favorite chinense types for eating fresh, and I plan to grow all three of them myself next season. I grew the Carbonero this season, and they were quite productive, as well as being very tasty. The 7 Pot White is also very nice, and just a bit hotter than the other 3, IMO.

For superhot class heat, I suggest that you try the Yellow Brainstrain. Great, fruity flavor, plenty of heat and the pods can get pretty large. 

For seeds, I suggest Whitehotpeppers.com https://www.whitehotpeppers.com/collections/all-pepper-seeds The site is run by a respected member here (jcw10tc) and has a great selection, including some pretty rare and unusual stuff. Just be aware that most of the seeds are OP (the description will indicate if they are ISO or OP seeds). I had good results with his seeds this season. Also, Justin is great to deal with and treats his customers extremely well. 

Sorry for the threadjack, but I was unaware that Justin was selling seeds. I had recieved some seeds from him in the past that did very well. Thanks again.

Back