• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Suggestions wanted for milder flavorful peppers (mole like?)

Wow thanks to all suggestions so far.  Since my space is kind of limited, I will have to whittle the list down to ~8-12 varieties max.

For sure I will be growing
  1. poblanos (aka ancho)
  2. jalapeno
  3. rocoto rojo (not sure the exact variety as the seeds came from my neighbors mom in Mexico.)
  4. rocoto orangy yellow (not sure the exact variety as the seeds came from another neighbors mom in Mexico.)
  5. chilhuacle negro - just cuz I have been waiting too long to taste this one.
  6. guajillo - cuz so many have recommended it. 
  7. - 8 or 12 TBD based on continuing this discussion 

Sonja said:
Wow thanks to all suggestions so far.  Since my space is kind of limited, I will have to whittle the list down to ~8-12 varieties max.

For sure I will be growing
  1. poblanos (aka ancho)
  2. jalapeno
  3. rocoto rojo (not sure the exact variety as the seeds came from my neighbors mom in Mexico.)
  4. rocoto orangy yellow (not sure the exact variety as the seeds came from another neighbors mom in Mexico.)
  5. chilhuacle negro - just cuz I have been waiting too long to taste this one.
  6. guajillo - cuz so many have recommended it. 
  7. - 8 or 12 TBD based on continuing this discussion 

Nice list :)
Another pepper that will fit right in with the rest of that list you have so far is: Serranos 
I'm partial to the Serrano Tampiqueno, and the Hot Rod Serrano. but every serrano i've grown are all great productive plants with fantastic very usable in the kitchen pods that are great green, but even better Red, great fresh but even better smoked and then dried.  So many ways to use the Serrano it should be in everyones grow IMO

My personal favourite is Piment D'Espelette from France. Mild with a great flavour and excellent for powdering.
I have original seeds available.

Back