• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Summer 2015 Forecast Much of U.S. Below-Average Temperatures

Seems like it is centered directly overhead.  Working in a non air-conditioned plant I like the forecast but for the peppers sake I wonder just how much below average it'll be.  Already fighting a very tough start with highs just in the 60's and lows in the 40's with too much rain around here the past few weeks.  Outside of the rain it looks like things may be stabilizing next week though.  Interesting...

http://www.weather.com/forecast/national/news/summer-temperature-forecast-june-july-august

DEZHFJa.jpg

moruga welder said:
last year was perfect . 85 for majority of days , low 60's at night . perfect !     :onfire:
That's what I hope for this season, it was last year or the year prior we broke the record for most above 90+ days. 

edit - NM it was 2012, last year was perfect rain and heat :)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
That's what I hope for this season, it was last year or the year prior we broke the record for most above 90+ days. 

edit - NM it was 2012, last year was perfect rain and heat :)
i believe we only had 5 maybe 6 days over 90 . other than that 85 was the norm. 

SpicyMon said:
Seems like it is centered directly overhead.  Working in a non air-conditioned plant I like the forecast but for the peppers sake I wonder just how much below average it'll be.  Already fighting a very tough start with highs just in the 60's and lows in the 40's with too much rain around here the past few weeks.  Outside of the rain it looks like things may be stabilizing next week though.  Interesting...

http://www.weather.com/forecast/national/news/summer-temperature-forecast-june-july-august

DEZHFJa.jpg

Be skeptical when there's no average present.

We do need water and bad I've seen the reservoir by Shasta and it's scary. Yesterday drove by and a hydrant was pouring gallons and gallons for no reason

LA 2 the Bay said:
We do need water and bad I've seen the reservoir by Shasta and it's scary. Yesterday drove by and a hydrant was pouring gallons and gallons for no reason
seen prices of broccoli and cauliflower , were to triple all produce and fruit bout everything grown in cali . !

Heckle said:

Be skeptical when there's no average present.

Absolutely, the blur between the yellow and blue should no doubt be labeled 'average'. But doing it as they did makes the map more of a shock and awe map. 

I'm skeptical of the host site as is, believe me. I guess I was just raising the 2015 El Nino outlook for discussion, mainly focusing on the regions they are calling for a much cooler and much warmer summer.

Here is a link to the NOAA monthly map predictions for the next two years, both temperature and precipitation:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions//multi_season/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/churchill.php

off01_temp.gif

someguy said:
My pepper plants in Northern Kansas aren't doing so well. The weather has been colder and rainy.

Ditto... supposed to get 3-5inches saturday-sunday.  They are already pretty unhappy after the last week of cold, keeping fingers crossed  :pray:

All my plants are inside right now.  i left them out the night before (east) and they don't look too happy.  Not bad, just not as green as they could be.  Should have taken them in for both days/nights.  Eh a couple sunny days and they will green up more.  But I think that cool snap likely stunted their growth and I was too lazy to bring em in.

I know people that planted early this year since it was so hot.  But I never gave in to temptation.  

As of last Sunday down here in Wichita we've had 7.46" of rain in just May. 3.59" fell just last Saturday! Such fun trying to plant. I should finish my planting this weekend. The up side of the cooler temps and ample rain is my transplants have taken and look to be taking off. I'll investigate once I can walk out there. Someday................

Back