• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sunshine's super-mini Glog!

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my grow with you! even if it's a really small grow haha :)
So I planted a few seeds a month ago:
-2 bolivian Rainbow (Fatalii.net)
-3 Piri Piri
-2 Naga Morich (Fatalii.net)

Everything sprouted! :) or I forgot how many seeds I first planted haha ... but I know that everything I wanted to grow sprouted! :)

LqHr3qG.jpg

this is a pic from two weeks ago

now I transfered them to individual Red Solo Cups
3v0njBv.jpg

and they are now in the window because my single light setup is obviously not big enough anymore haha

they are Mr. Forgerhills Money maker tomatoes :P haha I don't know if it's the right name but that's what's written on the package haha :P

Thanks! :P right now the spring is a bit late (it's snowing right now -_-) But I'm planning on building a raised bed garden and start hardening them off when the weather will be more adequate haha :P
Last year I just dryed my peppers but this year I want to try other way to enjoy them! :)

the grow continue :) they're getting bigger everyday!
wCBWHgu.jpg
Also I've seen a prunning method that I NEED to try! :)
it's kind of the same way you prune a pepper plant to produce a bonzai but instead of keeping it small you let it grow big! :)

Oh and I don't know if one of guys ever grown Goji berry and could tell me if mine looks healty .... it's all deformed but seems to continue tu grow ... haha

Time for an update! :)
So I started to prune some of my pepper plants and here are the results! :)
this is my Piri Piri

GmdblhA.jpg
here is my Bolivian rainbow:
ljjqf4n.jpg
I don't know if you can see this but here's some flower pod on one of the Bolivian rainbow sadly they are going th be cut on the next pruning :(
r8w6lWQ.jpg
here's the other Piri Pîri that cut back a few days ago and he's already coming back!! :)
urBKWvf.jpg

and here's my naga morich who will be cut back too  soon :)
VtLfs9n.jpg
other plants beside the window 
you can see the diffrence between my pruned bolivian and the unpruned Piri Piri 

diz0U9V.jpg

and finnaly a litlle gift to myself! 
3 Goji Berry plants
2 pomegrenatta that will be turned in cute little bonsai! :)
and 1 bergamot plant to make tea out of it! :)
ekYjTCz.jpg

Great looking grow!  The only negative for having a lower grow count (besides fewer peppers to share) is that you can sometimes get into "too much love" mode with your plants when what they sometimes need is just to be left to their own devices.

Watching this thread!

nice looking plants!

one piece of advice for the gojis... Transplant them asap in very deep pots (at least 30cm deep - roots grow in depth), and as soon as they grow up to about 80-90 cm, just cut the tops (1-2 cm). This will make the plant to shoot side branches and that's where the berries buds will form.

Sunshine said:
Oh and I don't know if one of guys ever grown Goji berry and could tell me if mine looks healty .... it's all deformed but seems to continue tu grow ... haha

They are definately looking good. Just in case, check their small tender tops for aphids (usually light brown or green ones)

thanks for the tip for the Goji locopao :) I'll definitly do that !

and about aphids ... I got an infestation right now D: do you have tricks to get rid of them? I tought about spraying with soapy water but will it be enough?

Just spray with full pressure. Or you can easily remove them by hand (aphids tend to infest just the 2-3 top tender leaves of the goji plant). No need to use chemicals for 3 plants. But you have to check in a daily basis.

Same goes for your pepper plants. It's more difficult though, since the infested leaves are usually the tiny new ones and they are too small for your finger/thumb to crush the aphids.

Just spray with full pressure. Or you can easily remove them by hand (aphids tend to infest just the 2-3 top tender leaves of the goji plant). No need to use chemicals for 3 plants. But you have to check in a daily basis.Same goes for your pepper plants. It's more difficult though, since the infested leaves are usually the tiny new ones and they are too small for your finger/thumb to crush the aphids.

yeah .... I'm not sure anymore it's aphids because they fly .... but I looked at white flys and they does no look like that .... they are little black flying bugs ..... I sprayed my plants with soapy water and it looks like it solved the problem :)

Are you moving them outside soon ?

yep I'm starting to harden them off :) the temps finally got ok for pepper plants to stay outside during the night haha :P

Today I had an horrific vision !
I was at work when I looked trough the window ..... and I saw snow...... D: 
hopefully my peppers were inside so they are allright :)
Even if it's supposed to be the best time of the year to start bringing your plants outside ,  mine will stay a little longer inside haha! :)

ok here<s an update on my garden ... after a rough end of term :)
here is an overall picture of my garden
at the back are my tomatoes, then my piri piri pepper, in the middle is my naga morich plants and in the front are my bolivian rainbow peppers :)
in the pots there is some strawberry and goji berries
and there is some lettuce here and there haha 
ln2Z5yE.jpg

a close up of my bolivian rainbow ... mostly purple for now but they are looking good :)
ObzVZa6.jpg

my first pod in my Naga Morich :) can<t wait to taste the fire :)
wbkiqmh.jpg

and finaly the first flowers on the piri piri plant :) they had a hard time with the hardening off :(
fUr2AZU.jpg

Back