• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Super Hots

lepdot44 said:
. Four different nurseries and all four had mislabeled plants.

Where in PA are there four different nurseries that sell super hots? Not that I disbelieve you but that's very rare, I have two & the hottest they sell is Habs.

Well all the nurseries didn't have super hots. And I was wrong. After looking at the layout of what I thought I planted and what is growing, it was only two of the four nurseries that I got mislabeled peppers. Sorry about that.

The Ghost peppers I got from Glick's Greenhouse in Oley, PA. They mislabeled the Orange Scotch Bonnet that looks more like a Ghost pepper.

I get peppers from Maple Shade Greenhouse in Kirkwood, PA. They mislabeled Yellow Habaneros and Chili Peppers, which all are Red Habaneros. Which is the hottest they usually have. First year that happened there. And I've been going there for years.  

I went to Miller's Nursery in Pottstown, PA. Picked up a Flamin' Flare plant and a Mariachi plant. Hottest I saw they were Red and Yellow Habaneros.

And the Peach Scorpion a woman I work with picked it up at a Farmer's Market in West Chester, PA. from a guy she said is a pepper guru. So I didn't go there, but that makes four different places I got this year's crop from.

And it's real easy for someone to switch the tags around at an open nursery. So I can't blame them.

Well congrats on living at Pepper Center PA! 

As to your faux Scotch Bonnet's. The name is applied to so many varieties of pod shapes that I gave up trying to explain that the original scotch bonnet looks like a Tam o' shanter which has as many variations as the pepper itself. I always considered the "classic" Scotch Bonnet to match the description on page 32, the classic Scotch Bonnet shape – three to four lobes and the characteristic cup and saucer shape, and color on page 33. > ftp://ftp.fao.org/docrep/fao/005/AD109E/AD109E00.pdf

lepdot44 said:
And the Peach Scorpion a woman I work with picked it up at a Farmer's Market in West Chester, PA. from a guy she said is a pepper guru.
Those look like Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion, a popular peach cross between a bhut and a scorpion. I have a couple plants going this summer.

I think the guru she is referring to is its creator, Jay Weaver. Apparently he has a farm in Kutztown - Meadow View Farm. I've been meaning to visit.

Immolated said:
Those look like Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion, a popular peach cross between a bhut and a scorpion. I have a couple plants going this summer.

I think the guru she is referring to is its creator, Jay Weaver. Apparently he has a farm in Kutztown - Meadow View Farm. I've been meaning to visit.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSL0YVSYI4[/media]
I found this looking for more information on them. Thought it was closer to my moms than it is, was looking to visit.

Back