• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Super Plugs?

I was poking around online for the best price on Rapid Rooters, and came across the Viagrow Super Plug.

Looks to me to be a Home Depot branded Rapid Rooter. And it beats the best price I can find on RR's.

Anyone have experience with these?

I haven't heard of them, but I can tell you from past experience that there are a lot of generic starter plugs that are similar to RR plugs.  The biggest difference I have found is that they aren't treated with the same nutrients RR plugs are and tend to dry out faster.  That doesn't mean they don't work, just not quite as good.  I don't care for Viagrow products simply because I don't care for their "organic" soil.  

If you are looking for a good but cost effective starting plug / medium...I would look into Oasis Horticubes.  You can get them in 104 plug sheets / 2 packs for $25 on Amazon.  That's 208 plugs for the same as 50 RR plugs.  They're pH neutral and don't contain nutrients, which I kind of like.  I'm using them this year.

Oasis Horticubes

Back