• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Super Thrive....Snake oil or the real deal?

It probably is his strain, there are so many out there it is crazy.

For the love of your plants and lungs, please get yourself some better soil lol. Try Ocean Forest or Roots Organic, and i would mix extra perlite in for better drainage.

The good thing about these plants is the money you spend to grow them will be recouped at harvest time.

It probably is his strain, there are so many out there it is crazy.

For the love of your plants and lungs, please get yourself some better soil lol.

I used Kellogg Patio Plus for mine this season. They did OK but the clones were bought too early so they tried to flower in April and then reverted back to vegatative growth but it messed them up. I lost two. Also, my lungs are happy because I use a vape. ;)

Had to look up that soil, not sure if i would use it again if you weren't happy with the results. Did you add any nutrients to the soil after a few weeks, that soil probably didn't have enough to last that long.

I think it all comes down to the clones you start with. My friend and I cloned some blue dream and then bought five from a local shop our clones in the ground grew to 12-13 feet high 7 feet wide yielding about 3 pounds per plant and we had some in 100 gallon smart pots that grew to 7 feet from pot 5-6 feet wide yielding about a 2 pounds per plant. The ones from the shop that were in the ground only grew to about 6 feet and maybe 4 feet wide they just wouldn't get wider even after topping, theyre buds werent as big nor had as much resin as ours did. They all received the same gh ferts and a few other additives.
love the outdoor colorado grown Blue Dream!

Orchids don't have any soil.

lol - yes, I'm aware of this. I don't recall saying they did.

They typically use bark, moss or a combination of soil-less substrates since they're epiphytic plants. However you're not entirely correct - most of the orchids cultivated for home hobbiests are indeed air-breathing (Phaels, Dendrobiums, Paphs, Miltonias, Brassias, Oncidiums, Cateleyas, etc, etc) - but Cymbidiums can do quite well in a soil mix, provided it's well aerated. My mom's neioghbor dug a ditch for hers, and put in 90% soil, 10% Pearlite and grew massive Cymbidiums. They typically grow on riverbanks or edges of a lake and can handle a lot of moisture in their substrate as opposed to those mentioned above that grow with their roots around tree branches under the rain-forest canopy.

That said, the Rod McLellan Co manufactured (and created) the Supersoil Brand. It was made right there in South San Francisco when I worked there - I've seen it steamed/sterilized & bagged right in front of me. It's one of their most successful product lines.

Ps - edited to add: just looked and it appears they may have sold the brand to Scott's

http://householdprod...nds&id=18021001

It was originally Rod McLellan though.

Had to look up that soil, not sure if i would use it again if you weren't happy with the results. Did you add any nutrients to the soil after a few weeks, that soil probably didn't have enough to last that long.

I foliar feed them weekly with AACT and gave the soil a compost tea drench weekly that's it. The last couple of waterings had some Earth Juice Bloom in the water but I think they didn't get much use from it so late in the season.

Back