• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Superhot showdown

dorhRWcm.jpg

rstiv4200 said:
Wow very nice setup you got there pretty jealous lol how do you like the grow bags as opposed to pots just wonderings since you have so many of both.
I answered this in the paragraph but above but wanted to answer directly. Plastic is only used as transfer pots for the felt pots. Soil is expensive so thats why everything hasnt bewn transfered yet. I like them so far and the plants seem to react well to the felt. This is my first year with the fabric and it is about the closest to in the ground I have found. Def worth trying. Besides I was having a hard time finding a good deal on a large number of any type of large pots but these came in at just a few cents over 2 bucks a piece since I bought so many.

LTCM said:
Dude, you are officially my new favorite person.  That is friggin awesome.

But I bet those black pipes get HOTTTTTT.  Do you happen to know what the water temp is when you first start watering?
I did answer this back a bit but just wanted to say that with morning feedings heat isnt an issue. It burns the feet it gets so hot during the day though.

Nice good to know I was going to try these for next grow season but was in the fence now I will definitely give them a shot. Where did you buy them online for that price I haven't seen big ones for cheaper than like 4-5$ a piece.

MulchyDreams said:
I answered this in the paragraph but above but wanted to answer directly. Plastic is only used as transfer pots for the felt pots. Soil is expensive so thats why everything hasnt bewn transfered yet. I like them so far and the plants seem to react well to the felt. This is my first year with the fabric and it is about the closest to in the ground I have found. Def worth trying. Besides I was having a hard time finding a good deal on a large number of any type of large pots but these came in at just a few cents over 2 bucks a piece since I bought so many.

vike22 said:
How is it with the wind up there on the roof MulchyDreams?
Wind isnt too bad. Not really been all that windy this season. The heat is unbelievable though. Most of the peppers I started with couldn't handle the intense conditions and withered away.

MulchyDreams said:
Wind isnt too bad. Not really been all that windy this season. The heat is unbelievable though. Most of the peppers I started with couldn't handle the intense conditions and withered away.

Californian problems haha. So no wind at all? How will you protect them if you start getting heavy winds?

Back