• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Suppose to be a Red Habanero

Hey guys,

Bought this guy of a friend nearly 2 years ago, finally got some fruit off it after overwintering.

Cut it all the way back and let it grow back and now its growing these guys.

It was suppose to be a red habanero.. doesn't have the hab shape. Could it be a ghost?

kfeMPrG.jpg

yes peter pepper,, i grew 2 of them last year.. since they were not really hot i made them into jelly for my friends that cant stand the heat. A great xmas gift since i put a "selected" picture of the pepper on the label... enjoy

haha. sounds like a good idea. But I've seen photos of these guys and the body of the chilli isn't ripply - but they have the 'knob' end.

But all my ones seems to be ripply. I guess it probably pick of the draw.

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, you got a penis pepper, okay i am taking things over board, but you can't believe how many members want this pepper. personally i would want the red hab.

good luck to you and all your future growing efforts.

For a peter pepper its a bit odd, perhaps a cross of one.
I like to dry them and string them in a braid as they bring fertility to my garden. I just don't tell my grand daughter's that, although the oldest who is 16 looks at me like I'm crazy.
I keep her out of the garden where I grow them, as I don't want her to get any ideas! Haha.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just waiting for them to ripen.

And once I try them I should have a better understanding. The guy that sold the plant to me didn't even grow any peter peppers. (well, not that he knew anyway).

Definitely interesting.

Back