• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod supposed to be Habanero

So I have a couple habanero plants going and I let one set a pod even though they are small. It is a good thing I did because the pepper does not look anything like a habanero. Let me know what you guys think.
image.jpg

look at all the is this a habanero threads under pepper id all of them dont look like habaneros and because burbee f**ked up all their seed stuff the habanero seed packets arnt habaneros everyone that bought those seeds are on here asking what the pepper is cause its not a habanero i myself also bought those seeds and i guess its just a mistake of seed identity but they should label their seeds better or something before they go into packageing because i have like 3 varietys that are not what they say they are.

Thats a good way for burpee to lose costumers. The habaneros are the only burpee seeds I had, my other peppers are from different companies. I am curious to see if all the burpee "habaneros" are the same type of pepper. I was also thinking that it looked like a tiny banana pepper. It is hard to tell from the picture but it is kind of yellowish. That would be very disappointing because I am not a big fan of banana peppers and I have allot of plants going.

Pepper Friends,
I specifically ordered Habanero pepper seeds from Burpee so I would get the green to orange rather than the orange to red sucker commonly sold these days in Central Pa plant markets. Well, guess what, they appear to be Hungarian Wax. Gimme a break! Burpee!

remire44
State College

Wo wo wo let not get too upset here I mean the money thing I understand if you talkin bout orange habeneros they sell them at the local grocery store here in phoenix they really only go for like 5.99 a pound you guys want some send me the money or a sasbe or whatever and you got it either fresh or seeds if you want fresh send the 5.35 for a sfrb/$for the pods other wize seeds can be yours for for FREE if you just send a sasbe
Yours trully :-)
SMITTY
2012-07-10_18-07-42_27.jpg
this is the only hab I have that took before the summer hit.

Yeah that's a banana pepper, you got ripped off. I've seen that before though when shopping for plants. I can usually tell by the leaves, shape of the plant, etc. Habaneros are a completely different species from most other traditional peppers, they're squat plants with a thick stem and big wrinkled leaves, easy to tell apart.

Sent Burpee a polite e-mail with the package info (Holland origin, Lot 7 for mine but I saw someone else had a lot 6) and they apologized and let me pick a different pepper to replace it. I went with the red Carribeans. Hopefully that's what's in the package. :rolleyes:

By the way, anyone try those peppers yet? Waiting to see if mine turn red, but if they have any heat than it may be a disappointment, but not a total loss. If they're decent I'll probably pickle them.

Its a darn bannana pepper , when I first started I got me a pack of burpee ( habs) .... Most of the pack germed , the plants got really big . My neighbor wanted one so I hooked him up .... Weeks later he showed me the habs he harvested, and what could I say ... Hes been makeing fun of me ever since . Had to replace his plants with caribbean red that grew true from
(ferry ~morse) . Well long story short , the pods looked like yers .

Pack is only $1.00 but not worth the hell my friend puts me through every time we pepper talk.
IMG_20120720_051002.jpg

Havent seen ferry ~morse (habs) but this caribbean reds grew true ... Heat and taste excelen very happy with this , I'll take'em over burpee orange habs any time.
IMG_20120720_050930.jpg

So Burpee sent me new seeds (carribean red) to replace the ones they mislabeled (See above). They sent me the seeds and some packet of Plant tone plant food. We'll see how they do next year. Hopefully I have better luck than this year.
On a high note the peppers that did spring from my not-habanero seeds do have some heat to them, and one is even turning orange. I'm less disappointed than I was.

Back