• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod supposed to be red yellow or chocolate bhut...

IMG_20120730_181937.jpg

Ordered seeds for all three..first four plants grew up to be chocolate bells...not right lol. Two plants looked to be the real deal..one put on these red bad boys.
IMG_20120730_073338.jpg

IMG_20120728_175352-1.jpg

But the other plant put on that rounder smaller pods..starting to turn yellow..looks kinda like a bhut..buuut... wth is it lol?

Never heard of one before
i have been growing them for two years now

mind you i said the look like them however yours have a bit more orange to them
they are a color variation on the bhut jolokia, they dont seem to be as hot as say the chocolate or the red but the flavor is very good
search the forum if i have not missed my guess there are pics on here and there probably from me
thanks your friend Joe

Top one could be a yellow bhut. I still get a bit of pod variation in these and some of them are short and fat, others are long and skinny. Wait until you get some more pods on that plant and see what they look like.

Then techniquely jeff its better then getting a red bhut :D glad to hear you got refunded broski.

Now grow that same one out for 8 years give it a name and sell the seeds and you just made a new pepper congratz :D :D

IMG_20120731_171804.jpg

IMG_20120731_171920.jpg

Picked it today..hotter than hell..mouth on fire...worse than the red bhut.

Got seeds from seeds n things on Amazon. Told them bout the choc bell and they refunded me immediately.

Jeff, I too bought the tri color bhut mix from seeds and things on Amazon. I was given a $50 giftcard to Amazon for Christmas. I used it to get a seed starting heat mat w/tray and dome cover. Had money left over. So said what the hell. Maybe i got lucky, but they have grown pretty much true for me. There is some pod variation in the yellows for sure, but nothing like what you got there. Mine still make pods that are shaped like bhuts, with others slightly off shape. The choc bhuts are amazing. And the red are good too. If i would have to guess... i would say the yellows are a cross. Not sure about how they should taste, but mine seem to taste like a bhut/fatalii cross. But i could be totally wrong. Check my garden thread to compare.
Kinda wish i gotta chocolate bell in there too. Ok. Maybe not. Might grow them next year or mini choc bells.
If i remember correctly, i also brought Jamaican hot chocs from them. Pretty sure it was them too. All the seeds looked old and dried out. You could directly look into the seed where the tap root grows out. I planted them all anyway. And of course got nothing. Emailed them thru Amazon's marketplace, and they replied and sent me new seeds. Except the original order was for 25 seeds, they sent me this.
13440893804980.jpg

so i picked out ten of the best seeds. Seriously more than 3/4 were dried out like every seeds i original got. But got four plants out of those ten seeds. Gifted one & keep three. And the pods just started to turn, and appear to be turning chocolate. Amazon is great for its ability to refund/return purchase with no question asked. And at the time i wasnt totally aware of all the seed scamming going on but chose them over the other sellers based on reviews of growing true knowing it was a gamble. But we got lucky to get what we did. Be happy.
enjoy the peppers.
peace
GA GH

Back