• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sweat bees

Howdy folks! I've noticed quite a few sweat bees on my fatalli are they any good for pollinating or are they doing any damge to the plant? Thanks in advance!

I had no idea what Sweat Bees were, so thanks for posting this. They are really interesting bees, although I`ve never seen one here.

I had no idea what Sweat Bees were, so thanks for posting this. They are really interesting bees, although I`ve never seen one here.

Where you from Nigel? I dont see a lot of them normally but have noticed quite a few on my plants. They are pretty cool I have some green, red and yellow ones outside right now all with a metallic sheen to them. Maybe when I buy an actual camera and not just my s4 I can get some good pics of them!

San Diego. I just looked and we have 3 or 4 different ones in this area, including the metallic green ones. I`m surprised I haven`t seen them, but there you go!

I`ll be out on patrol from now, though. 

haha yeah those little guys absolutely love the tomatoes every year, the shiny green bees.  I don't think I saw a single honeybee all last year :(

McGuiver said:
I have never seen these. Very cool.
5822227414_3a2bf559db_b.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I am not aware of harmful bees on pepper plants. I have sweat bees all season long and they never bother the plants. 
       We have lots in my part of Iowa and they do like being around my peppers. ;)

Back