• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sweet Datil vs Trinidad Seasoning - Which one tastes better?

Sweet Datil vs Trinidad Seasoning.....FIGHT!

• Sweet Datil

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Trindad Seasoning

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Quit being a cheap ass & buy another pot and plant both!

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Sorry for starting a new topic but I need some input from yall since I only have one 15 gallon pot to spare. Which of these two should get the giant pot?

Edit: 

For clarity they're both in 5 gallon buckets at the moment & I only have 1 15 gallon smart pot & not enough promix to fill a 2nd one anyway.

Get another pot, you`ll regret it if you don`t!!!

I like Trindad seasoning, but they are not all that mild in terms of heat. 

Nightshade said:
Before I vote what are you going to do with the plant that doesn't get the 15 gallon?

It's staying in a 5 gallon bucket or moving to the newly empty 7 gallon root pouch. 
Nigel said:
Get another pot, you`ll regret it if you don`t!!!

I like Trindad seasoning, but they are not all that mild in terms of heat. 

Lol you guys are all enabling my addiction!

I ate one of the green peppers off my trinidad seasoning plant and it had strong habanero flavor but 0 heat. I wonder if it will get hotter when they ripen? 

The two plants in question:

Sweet datil on the left Trinidad seasoning on the right

vPKyCH2.jpg

cactusMD said:
why not just put them in the ground?

Cause these will be moving with me next year & the soil here sucks so I'd have to build a raised bed. It's about 3" of topsoil then straight limestone and clay. I do have some in raised bed at the community garden.

Trinidad seasoning won the battle:

Lemon Drop, Trinidad Seasoning, Sweet Datil 

weYpNCJ.jpg

Granted, it may not be able to reach its full potential, but you will still be able to have a very lush plant and produce many pods even in a 5 gallon bucket

PepperDaddler said:
Nice plants. Where did you get the sweet datil?

I got all my plants this year as live plants from Cross Country Nurseries via mail order & I couldn't be happier. They're all growing great & so far everything looks to be growing true.

I'm a bit jealous, your super hots are looking a bit better then my weak ones in Round Rock, also in 5 gallon buckets.  If you have one you want to get rid of you can send it up to my place...

mstang1988 said:
I'm a bit jealous, your super hots are looking a bit better then my week ones in Round Rock, also in 5 gallon buckets.  

I finally found some Promix BX this year @ Third Coast Hydroponics in Austin and my plants seem to be loving it a lot more than the various potting soils I've used in the past. I also started using gen hydro Maxibloom ferts 1tsp/gallon every watering on advice from Millworkman & my plants have been growing like crazy. Best start I've ever had to a season & I think those two things are the biggest contributing factors.

Also chances are I'll have more pods than I can eat so if you see anything you want to try hit me up when things start ripening & I'll send some your way! Good luck with your season, neighbor!

If you have any spares of these at some point in the season I would love to try them!  I'm holding out hope that my Moruga and Trinidad Scoprion makes it but I'm not that confident...  
Cumari 
Sweet Datil
Fatalii
Red Fatalii
Lemon Drop
Moruga Scorpion
Trinidad Perfume
Trinidad Scorpion

TXCG said:

I finally found some Promix BX this year @ Third Coast Hydroponics in Austin and my plants seem to be loving it a lot more than the various potting soils I've used in the past. I also started using gen hydro Maxibloom ferts 1tsp/gallon every watering on advice from Millworkman & my plants have been growing like crazy. Best start I've ever had to a season & I think those two things are the biggest contributing factors.

Also chances are I'll have more pods than I can eat so if you see anything you want to try hit me up when things start ripening & I'll send some your way! Good luck with your season, neighbor!

mstang1988 said:
If you have any spares of these at some point in the season I would love to try them!  I'm holding out hope that my Moruga and Trinidad Scoprion makes it but I'm not that confident...  
Cumari 
Sweet Datil
Fatalii
Red Fatalii
Lemon Drop
Moruga Scorpion
Trinidad Perfume
Trinidad Scorpion

The only one that's iffy on that list is the Trinidad Perfume, I have 2 plants but neither is doing very well. Everything else I'll definitely have enough to share!

Back