• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sweet peppers

My seeds came from Peru 3-4 years ago. I've grown them out for the past 3 seasons. My wife absolutely loves them.

It looks like Puckerbutt sells seeds for what looks about identical to the ones I grow. The description and look seems accurate.

According to the Peruvian aji book, Peruvian aji dulce originates from the Amazon region of Peru.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181116-092920_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181116-092920_Chrome.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20181116-093206_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20181116-093206_Drive.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 76
I would add:

Criolla de Cucina

and 

Mariachi

The criolla is sweet and excellent in all manner of recipes.  The mariachi has a bit of heat (less than jalapeno) and is thick walled so great for stuffing.  I make a paprika with a blend of these two peppers to give to friends and family as gifts.

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Peruvian aji dulce.

Absolutely no heat, great Chinense flavor, huge pods, and thick enough walls for stuffing
Those look fantastic, where did you get the seeds? Ive never seen red Peruvian aji dulce, only seem the yellow.

This is a purple bell from a 2nd-year plant I just picked.  They have always been bell-shaped, until this one grew a tail.  Never seen that before on bells.  It is surrounded by hots and super-hots, but nothing with tails, and I have not grown any crosses on this plant, so I think it is just a standout.  Size is a little bigger than a golf ball.  Scotch Bonnet for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 74
Back