• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Sweet sunshine jamaican jerk review (my first)

I got a box of sauces from dan and people want sauces so here is my first one of Sweet Sunshine's all natural Jamaican Jerk sauce.

Ingredients: Water, Sugar, scallions, vinegar, tomatoes, scotch bonnets, corn syrup solids, salt, mustard seeds, ancho peppers, molasses, cayenne peppers, habanero peppers, onion, spices, natural flavor, citric acid, xanthan gum.

Ok this is my first review so please cut me some slack. I recieved this in my box from dan and people want reviews so i guess ill try!

This stuff smells/looks/tastes like a sweet spicy bbq sauce in a way. My dad and i tasted this on our burgers tonight and after putting what we thought was plenty, we were hardly getting a burn. It is way to mild for having scotch bonnets in it. There just isn't enough heat. I had to put a lot more on it to get the same heat from a standard habanero sauce. I personally wasn't a fan of it neiher was my dad. It was allright, don't get me wrong but i would much rather have a hot sauce with more peppers and less water and stuff.

Straight up- Very delayed burn, onion like flavor, very sweet but once again back to the there just isn't enough peppers.

Im sure this stuff would be good for a milder bbq but its nothing to go crazy over. Don't get me wrong it will still be put on food and consumed just not my top choice. I hope i didn't bore you with this im really trying my best :) Tell me what you think!

100_4704.jpg

Hey man reviews are just opinions so you did good! Sounds real honest. As you do more reviews you'll develop your own style and way of reviewing. Good start.

This is either one massive bottle, or you have a tiny hand. :P
Hehe... good review, actually. very honest. :cheers:

Pretty good Kyle. I am wondering though if maybe it may be better on shrimp or pork, more traditional uses for jerk sauce. Does it have an allspice taste? I love jerk. Just reading the ingredients I'm not surprised it's not hot two of the first five ingredients are sugar and corn syrup. Keep up the good work.

JayT said:
Pretty good Kyle. I am wondering though if maybe it may be better on shrimp or pork, more traditional uses for jerk sauce. Does it have an allspice taste? I love jerk. Just reading the ingredients I'm not surprised it's not hot two of the first five ingredients are sugar and corn syrup. Keep up the good work.
Actually corn syrup is the 7th ingredient, but the first is water!!! :shocked:

Sorry I didn't actually count while I was typing it, but you know what I mean.

Omri, you making poppers this weekend?

Yeah well he did say thay he would like it better with less "water and stuff". The stuff being corn syrup maybe?

Looks as though the peeps that made this were trying to stretch things out a bit.

Thanks for the review Kyle.

JayT said:
Sorry I didn't actually count while I was typing it, but you know what I mean.

Omri, you making poppers this weekend?
Sorry 'bout that... I get a little compulsive here and there. :lol:
mmm... it's Shabat meaning no open stores, but if everything goes smoothly (no extra work and such) it should be down by Sunday or Monday the latest!

Is the product supposed to be a hot sauce. "Sweet sunshine jamaican jerk" right away sounds like a sweet jerk sauce to me. Strange too that they use ancho peppers in a jamaican sauce

Omri said:
This is either one massive bottle, or you have a tiny hand. :P
Hehe... good review, actually. very honest. :cheers:

No its 10.7 oz, I'm only 15 so yeah i have a small hand.

POTAWIE said:
Is the product supposed to be a hot sauce. "Sweet sunshine jamaican jerk" right away sounds like a sweet jerk sauce to me. Strange too that they use ancho peppers in a jamaican sauce

I was thinking sweet sunshine was just their company name. Because they have another sauce named sweet, which sounds disgusting.

Back