• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

swirls on me bhut...

i noticed these swirls marks on my red bhut jolokia leaves a month or so... and today while staring at all my plants, i noticed it had it on more that one leaf... i was like.... wuuuut...

so i took pics...

Photo0297.jpg

Photo0298.jpg

Photo0296.jpg

what is it...? aids...?

stupid double post...

oh, and i do fertilize my leaves via foliage spray... so... i dunno... i'm lucky i guess...?

i get swirls on me bhut to when i sit in a lawn chair too long LOL

i would say fertilizer burn or maybe too much water

thanks your friend Joe

leaf miners are hard to get rid of unless you use a systemic pesticide...they are in between the layers of the leaf and are protected from topical applications...

i used bayer advance vegetable and garden spray... it says that it kills leaf miners on the label... so am i in the clear...?

there are leaf miners that are on top of the surface and ones that bore into the substrates of the leaf itself...depends on which ones you have...

I am almost positive I read that somewhere...maybe someone else will chime in...

leaf miners are hard to get rid of unless you use a systemic pesticide...they are in between the layers of the leaf and are protected from topical applications...

+1 on leaf miners Common on azaleas and some rhodadendrons [background=white],[/background] disfigure but do not seem to cause serious damage to the plants.

I've had a few leaves out of the 30 plus plants I have show those patterns. I figured it was some parasite but it doesn't seem to hurt (as said above) on mine so I'd rather not forgo the neem treatment as my plants always seem to drop flowers when I neem them. I just leave them (heh a pun!) or pull the affected leaf.

Sounds like Imidacloprid - crazy, nasty systemic insecticide. Linked to colony collapse disorder in bees.

That being said leaf miners are a bitch to deal with.

The only natural way I've dealt with them is regular foliar treatments of neem oil. Twice a week at sundown until the population is reduced by 90% or gone. It is not an immediate knock down effect but it works given a couple weeks. You may not get rid of miners altogether but you can manage them to the point where it is acceptable.

i used bayer advance vegetable and garden spray... it says that it kills leaf miners on the label... so am i in the clear...?

They are a pain my neighbor helped me dig a few out, they seem to come in with the grape vines going into overdrive my plants that are away from the grape vines got ignored.

IMO - Pull off the leaves that have them, then spray repeatedly over a course of several days to ensure you get rid of any eggs and such that may be on the surface.

Bag the leaves you remove in a ziploc before trashing.

Back