• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Tabanero Hot Sauce

Finally hit the $50 mark in my iBurn shopping cart and placed an order. Got the full range of Lucky Dogs, some Heartbreaking Dawns, and a couple one-off best sellers. Figured I'd pop a bottle every couple of months (sauce consumption level is low right now because I'm making my own) and write up a quick review.

Here's the first candidate:

S5Ie8pN.jpg

Tabanero. A basic, vinegar-free habanero-based hot sauce from Mexico. It's a big bottle, but it's popular in my house so we'll see how long it lasts. It's all natural, imported, but in contrast with tobasco based sauces it is built on hotter, more delayed, floral habanero burn.

The sauce is thin, slightly thicker than a traditional vinegar-based sauce, with suspended bits of carrots and peppers in it. It blends well into eggs and salsas, adding a nice habanero kick.

It's tangy and somewhat sweet. The carrots are there, but not overpowering. They flabors blend well. It's not going to last long. I'll update as I try it with more foods. So far I've had it on eggs and taquitos. 

Bottom line is it's a basic, preservative-free, natural hot sauce based on habaneros instead of tabascos. Tastes great. A solid kick.

Lime juice is the only acid listed in the ingredients. Gives it that tanginess I think. I think water was added to thin it, but it's not watery at all.

Had it on pizza tonight. Brought the tangy sweetness but the heat was really mellow. I think the cheese absorbed it.

I love this sauce. Tried it on my last trip to Florida in October just there in a wee burger joint in Punta Gorda. Drowned my burger in the stuff!
I've been meaning to order some since getting home to the uk. Do they sell it in Wal-Mart or similar? I'll be back over in July

I doubt it. You may find it at Whole Foods, but most of the local sellers are located in Texas. Restaurants mostly. I got mine through iBurn.com. Not sure if they do international orders... may be worth sending them a PM!

I've heard nothing but good things about this sauce actually. Everyone I know who's tried it has liked it. 

Thanks for picking up some Lucky Dog Hot Sauce there maximumcapsicum - please do let me know what you think! 

(I guess I'll see it in a review? :woohoo: )

maximumcapsicum said:
Will do Scott. Picked up all but Dia Del Perro (don't think it was available yet?) Can't wait to give them a try.

Nope - the DdP is only available through Kickstarter as the exclusive release. 
:cheers: 

Really hope you dig what I'm doing with the Lucky Dog!

Back