• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting Tabasco Harvest and etc

I would like to share this harvest photo and some of the pepper plants in my mother in law's place.

p1010765s.jpg

Harvest of Tabasco peppers

p1010787s.jpg

one of Tabasco plant

p1010793s.jpg

the local bird's Eye pepper plant

p1030038s.jpg

Habanero X

p1030041s.jpg

Habanero X

nice plants. i can't believe how woody the trunks are. the tabascos are better if you let them turn red or at least the orange stage. they got some sting for such a small pepper. never seen hab x. interesting pod shape.

impressive.
The stems on those plants looks like trees.

Must be an 2+ yr old plant?

actually no.. i remember i gave her the seeds only September last year and the picture was taken on June this year. that is if you are taking about the habanero X plant.:)

very nice harvest
thanks PepperLover.. lots of it ended up in my stomach :) hehe

Nice harvest, I thought Tabasco peppers were red?
they are red when fully matured but here we love to eat them at the late stage of white. ( nice heat ) the white stage is quite long.

nice plants. i can't believe how woody the trunks are. the tabascos are better if you let them turn red or at least the orange stage. they got some sting for such a small pepper. never seen hab x. interesting pod shape.
most of the peppers plants in my inlaw's place is woody like that .maybe its because of the soil there and they also grow big! lots of organic ferts from chicken and cows dung.

Those are some very interestingly-shaped Tabasco pods--more conical and pointy than what we have here in Louisiana. Are they a particular variety? I would love to grow some out.

Those are some very interestingly-shaped Tabasco pods--more conical and pointy than what we have here in Louisiana. Are they a particular variety? I would love to grow some out.

Well this variety , i found it in Sabah ,Malaysia.. (borneo island) i don't see this peppers sold in any market anywhere else in Malaysia. (unless it involves sabahan's)they love their peppers...

Well this variety , i found it in Sabah ,Malaysia.. (borneo island) i don't see this peppers sold in any market anywhere else in Malaysia. (unless it involves sabahan's)they love their peppers...

Thanks! Fascinating. There is such a huge undocumented world of chile peppers out there, and so little time to taste or grow them all...

Thanks! Fascinating. There is such a huge undocumented world of chile peppers out there, and so little time to taste or grow them all...

I agree with you..

Great and very different looking Tabasco. I wonder if it would grow well here.
i guess in theory it should be able to grow...

Do you winter your plants? Im thinking about bringing mine in the house for the winter.
well TnTom i am from the equator... its always Sunny and rainy here...:)
do you have it in a pot ?? if you do then i think you should over winter it.. (looks like its producing lots of pods )

I agree with you..

i guess in theory it should be able to grow...

well TnTom i am from the equator... its always Sunny and rainy here...:)
do you have it in a pot ?? if you do then i think you should over winter it.. (looks like its producing lots of pods )

Wow Malaysia...I lived a short while years ago in Manila and traveled by ferry south through the islands. Thought someday I'd return and call it home. Never happened. No my plants are in the ground and I'd have to did them up and pot them. I have to decide soon as we had a light frost yesterday. I remember the rains and how beautifully warm it was in P.I. but never had a chance to visit Malaysia, wish I had.
Over wintering in your neck of the woods is pretty straight forward I'd guess :)

Wow Malaysia...I lived a short while years ago in Manila and traveled by ferry south through the islands. Thought someday I'd return and call it home. Never happened. No my plants are in the ground and I'd have to did them up and pot them. I have to decide soon as we had a light frost yesterday. I remember the rains and how beautifully warm it was in P.I. but never had a chance to visit Malaysia, wish I had.
Over wintering in your neck of the woods is pretty straight forward I'd guess :)
have to be careful in digging up. the plant might have roots going all over!
Good luck.
there are some shortfalls here.. insects all year round. !! no break for us....

Back