• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

taco bell del taco jala's

Pam said:
Ok, I put "WC Jalapeno Sliders" in Google because I didn't know what you were talking about, and the first ad that came up was for Mexican toilet sets! So, I think I'll...well, I started to say pass, but maybe that's not the best term to use here; I'll just stick with my own poppers. Or Texas Blue's, if I ever take him up on the invitation to dinner.
White Castle sliders. food. burgers... :lol:

White Castle are small hamburgers...Just like Krystal...

You know Krystal burgers don't you Pam?

AlabamaJack said:
White Castle are small hamburgers...Just like Krystal...

You know Krystal burgers don't you Pam?

Mmmmm no, not really. I've heard people talking about the laxative effect of White Castle burgers, though.

texas blues said:
Doesn't all food eventually have a "laxative" effect?

Well, no. Some can plug you up pretty good. Bananas and cheese come to mind. And some move things through the digestive tract at a vastly accelerated rate. Like those hamburgers or too much orange juice will.

Pam said:
Mmmmm no, not really. I've heard people talking about the laxative effect of White Castle burgers, though.

They have that effect on me. I haven't had one in a couple years. They do taste good though.:lol:

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
the WC Jalapeno Sliders are good got a decent amount of heat in them but I think they just use a little spicier pepperjack cheese is all

yep those are the only ones I buy from WC, they're not HOT but they taste good & once you finish a bunch of them you go - why did I eat them :lol:
I wished they didnt change the chicken sandwiches years ago, the old style was better tasting IMO
I havent had any sliders for couple months, makes me crave some now :lol:

We have Q-doba here, I don't know how widespread they are, but the food has put taco bell out of business. They offer a habanero salsa that is actually fairly hot.

It is a little pricier.

To answer the original post, pickled japs are milder, but like has been said, most people can't come close to handling a real fresh jalapeno.

Chili's is the only chain that actually really seems to have real jalapenos on the menu.

HPFF - yea those old chicken sandwiches were great :drooling: its ironic the old cheap chopped & formed chicken sandwiches were better tasting than their new chicken thats a solid piece of chicken, go figure :think:
what I dont like was IMO they rip you off when it comes to the price of the chicken sandwiches.

I just tried Wendy's new Jalapeno burger, what was I thinking. It was really a disappointment and the peppers almost had no taste let alone no heat.

Yeah, especially if it's a corporate one.

I worked at one for awhile years ago as shift manager/morning fryer/you name it. Back then, we'd put our "green sauce" on everything as employees..basically the same as Taco John's Green Sauce: a #10 tin of Jalapenos, salt and some water into a blender...voila...sauce. :twisted:

Was great on the soft tacos.

Well, the guy that owned that franchise got endicted on numerous charges including embezzling and drugs. (no wonder he was PERKY at opening...) Corporate stepped in, fired about everyone and changed the menu. Ugh.

Last time I went to one and asked for green sauce on the side the kid just stared at me...dam shame.

We had a Taco John's in Athens (Ohio University). Their green sauce was good. I haven't been in a Taco John's for about 10 years. They use to be loads better than Taco Bell.

Pepperfreak said:
I just tried Wendy's new Jalapeno burger, what was I thinking. It was really a disappointment and the peppers almost had no taste let alone no heat.

I just checked wendy's homepage man that sucks its now called a spicy baconator must have gotten complaint because last december i went there and had a jalapeno cheddar bacon thing(wasnt the spicy baconator) and it had some good heat and kick must have caved in and made it milder figures :lol:

Pepperfreak said:
We had a Taco John's in Athens (Ohio University). Their green sauce was good. I haven't been in a Taco John's for about 10 years. They use to be loads better than Taco Bell.

Heh, I worked there too, we made it the same way. A #10 can of peppers + blender. :)

Pure chilies is always good. I plan to make all my sauces pure. I was raised wit an organic garden in teh 70's..ya know.. ;)

I see chilis as a holistic thing as much as a food thing.

I'm just a amature chef, but still, flavor beats all unless yer in for the "stoopid frat boy on a dare" market. :)

(no offense to anyone)

~Q

I just tried the Spicy Baconator, and actually for something in the fast food market it was relatively tangy.
My girlfriend found it spicy, and she's just the type of person they are marketing these things too.

On the other hand, I had gotten the Spicy Chicken Crunch at Kentucky, and I couldn't believe how mild it was, I've had spicier jellybeans.

But I understand the logic though, like someone else mentioned, they make these things tangy enough so that someone can act like they're trying something special, but the truth is most people don't want to deal with the burn.

It'll hurt their sales, I just wish they'd make something challenging. About the only places I can go out to eat and experience a proper burn are at Indian restaurants nowadays, and I have to remind them no to tame my Vindaloo or Bangalore.

I had 1 2 weeks ago i thought it was good but the 1 i had they
put wayyyyyyyyyyy too much of the sauce on it wasnt the heat from the sauce (i thought the heat an peppers were fine) but
all the sauce ran all over hands/fingers made it sloppy other than that it was good

I had one and I thought the heat was alright but not much flavor to the burger, and I don't even remember really tasting the bacon. Its not bad but definitely missing something.

Hardee's, one of the few fast food places in our rural small town,MN has jalapeno burgers and these jalapenos have good heat. They are definitely not wimpy. Good eating!!!

Back