• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Tacos No Shells

I started making this for tacos years ago (it has since evolved)but I don't bother with the tacos anymore. Damn things always break on me anyway. Nowadays I either have it with rice on burritos or just in a bowl with some corn chips for dipping. Might help you with ideas even if it's not what you're after.

1kg minced beef
2 jars tomato cooking sauce
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 large brown onion
1/2 head of garlic
1 red capsicum
1 green capsicum
2 cans red kidney beans(i know, i know)
A few handfuls of sliced mushrooms
6 orange habaneros
1 dried naga
Salt & Pepper
Dried oregano
Shitload of ground cumin seeds
Good helping of Paprika
Nice sprinkling of Cayenne Pepper
Et viola

chilli1003.jpg

Yummy chilli..I make stuff like that all the time for quicky burritos and such. Nice over toast too a la Sloppy Joes with some cheese on. :)

Thanks all for the kind words, Sorry but I didn't realize anyone had commented.

Stooge said:
Looks like a good chili. I would eat it with a spoon.

Thanks for the recipe.

Sometimes I do...

QuadShotz said:
Yummy chilli..I make stuff like that all the time for quicky burritos and such. Nice over toast too a la Sloppy Joes with some cheese on. :)

I get about 10 meals to a batch so it's one of my quick meals too.

cheezydemon said:
Nothing wrong with that!

I fry my own shells though........They don't break, and SOOOOOO tasty.

The breaking shells are the only reason I don't bother with tacos. :(

patrick said:
Hellooooo Frito's scoops!
That's one of the endless options I have.

The shells keep breaking because you're using American shells ;)

I do like hard shells though, especially when the tacos are extra greasy!

Looks like a nice filling.

Looks damn good but i love my taco shells! I could see using that on lots of stuff other then tacos such as a chili dogs or sloppy joes.

I also really love love Taco Salad. Just break up some shells and place them in the bottom of a bowl and start layering you mix on top of them.

this would not be the first person I have met that dosent like anything but meat sauce in his "taco"s. so dosnt like vegs and when he puts his cheese on the meat sauce it just melts in. sometimes he likes chopped onion. And yep if we have taco's it has to be nachos. The shells shatter and the chips are cheeper. (Now me I pile it high with everything. cheese, diced peppers, sour cream, lettice, and any other veg I can dice. try it with olives ymmmy). oh I almsot forgot the meat.. lol.

Black olives do sound good on tacos, I can taste it now. I like the whole "American" style taco, they way all the flavors and temperatures come together... the warm taco meat, the cool sour cream, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese....

Approximately how many tablespoons would you say consummates a "shitload" of cumin? I'm just teasing. That stuff would go great on top of a hot dog or inside a hamburger.

Back