• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Take a cheap New York Steak to the next level

Alright Ladies and Gents,

Let me just first start my mentioning that it's pretty much all about the topping you put on this steak. This is my first recipe post and it's super cheap and easy.  

First I salt and pepper both sides of a cheap New York Steak and let it sit at room temp for atleast 15 minutes.  While that sits I chop up one Padron Pepper and three cloves of garlic.  Then I heat up some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and dump in the peppers and garlic.  I wait a couple minutes and then put in a few dashes of red wine vinegar.  While I simmer that, I throw the steak on a grill.  Depending on the thickness of the steak I usually do anywhere from 6-10 minutes on one side an 4-6 on the other between 375 and 425 degrees.  I always try to hit "Medium" as far as how the steaks done.  Just before I pull off the steak I add a few pinches of brown sugar to the peppers and garlic that are on the stove.  

Put the steak on a plate, dump the topping on and enjoy!  I've done this two nights in a row except last night I used Fresno Peppers and no brown sugar.  It was just as good.  

Almost as essential as these ingredients is what type of beer you have poured in your glass.  The one you see is a Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale from Bend, Oregon.  Got that baby on tap!

I hope to have more recipes to come.  Just gettin started!

Attachments

• 2013-10-24_17-59-11_36.jpg
    2013-10-24_17-59-11_36.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 2013-10-24_18-31-46_324.jpg
    2013-10-24_18-31-46_324.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 2013-10-24_18-33-17_546.jpg
    2013-10-24_18-33-17_546.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 36
Looks tasty! Not sure I'd use it on a NY strip, but a top sirloin I would for sure. Also seems like a long time to hit medium, unless they're super thick steaks. I usually hit medium well at 10 minutes.

I say that's a damn good post from the big dry ditch!

My choice of steak is ribeye every time but your post and pics get my highest rating.

CHINGON!

I bet that relish or whatever we call it, would be fantastic rubbed on a prime rib or pork roast too.

Back