• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Tally-Ho! A worm hunting we go!

All this rain we're having has brought up the earth worms out onto the concrete sidewalks and streets. Picked a couple dozen for the garden and couple more dozen for the small composte box I've started. Choose only the largest, the fatest and livest, and made sure none of them bite.

Those couple dozen will turn into a city of worms in a few months. Enjoy your new organic soil food web!
I sure hope so plus some of these worms grew up amoung the roots of an ancient Chinkapin Oak that has at least a 4 foot girth. So any microbes they bring with them should be from the original virgin forest.

This topic absolutely cracks me up. No fault of yours, but there happens to be a gay bar here where I live called the Tally Ho. https://www.facebook.com/TallyHoLancaster. Tally Ho worm hunting... :rofl:

I use to put down a piece of carpet across the grass and carpet when it rained. later on I would go peel back the carpet and dozens of wormies would be under it

Back