• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food Tapatio flavored Doritos

This cracked me up. It appears you've removed the flow restrictor from your Tapatio bottle (which may violate the warrantee) but when you went to take a swig I started laughing. :rofl:

Classic review. Great way to kick off the new year.

I thought the Tapatio Doritos were ok....the Tapatio ruffles were way better IMO.

I bet the Tapatio Doritos would taste like Tapatio if you made nachos with them, and then topped those nachos off with actual Tapatio.

I'm e-mailing this video to Doritos, BTW. They should know that they missed the mark here.

And Scott, where can one find Tapatio Ruffles? I don't think those are available in our region, and I would kill for a bag of them. Maybe we can work something out on a future LDHS order. ;)

I think they're Tapatio/limon to be exact. I've seen them all over, but this is California, so they're apparently marketing selectively to larger Latin populations.

http://www.fritolay.com/our-snacks/ruffles-tapatio-limon.html

And yeah - we can probably hook that up.

Tapatio and Limon!? Color me even more interested. I was all about the Flamin' Hot x Limon flavored chaps when I was younger.

a look at the ingredients and i see cheese flavorings. this could be a good reason the chips dont taste like Tapatio, and more likr the spicy nacho. Its not that they were bad. I do like em. However they dont taste like Tapatio. and yes, flo-restrictor was removed. cant rightfully take a swig with it in. ill take my chances on the warranty issue. LMAO

Back