Taste Testers FOUND, Round 2-

Well tonight I will see how the fill hoses worked for him. They were loosened so when he fills it the wrong way with nothing tied pop they will go. If that doesn't teach him then the PE will go.

Made the peanut butter fudge with Pure Evil. I used 20 drops for a batch that fills a 8x8 dish. The flavor was excellent but I was a bit diasappointed in the heat. While you definitely get a bit of a bite in the back of the throat, that is all. However, my family members did enjoy it quite a lot. If I were to make it again solely for myself I could easily triple the dose. Overall though it is very tasty.

It would make sense that a percentage of the heat would evaporate along with the alcohol content, when it's baked or cooked.

-Peter

INTERESTING idea, Peter! I wonder how a test could be done for something like that. I know that heat and steam will make the cap airborn... breathing cooking steam/vapors or even dishwashing steam can send me into a coughing fit. So, would baking "eliminate" the cap from the brownies via the steam while cooking?

Anyone want to take on that one?

I've made a few sauces using super hot chili vodka and I've always added it at the very end of the process to prevent heat lose.

I know Candice uses pure cap dissolved in vodka for her Incinerator sauce.

A good test might be PE mixed into bread dough with a sample before and after baking.

I decided tonight after putting the kids to bed, it was time to taste this stuff in its pure form. I'm definitely feeling the pain after placing a single drop on the middle of my tongue. I swished it around a little bit and waited. The flavor was really just the taste of the alcohol that the Capsaicin crystals are suspended in. The heat continuously built from about 20 seconds out to around 5 minutes for my palette. Another interesting effect is the swelling of the back of the roof of my mouth. The heat itself got to the level between a good habanero ass-kickin' and a mild super in my opinion.

I was very pleased with the flavor, or should I say, the lack there of. This product will be a very valuable tool for some sauce makers searching for the ultimate burn. Well done Ann!!!

Back