• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

tepin x lemon drop (new f3s in the dirt)

smileyguy697 said:
After a bath and neem

CAM01938_zps12b58f4a.jpg

Under the lights with its new friends (reapers)

I left one small shoot sticking off and hopefully I'll get some hand pollinated seeds before jan.

Edited to follow topic

Did you dunk the entire plant & roots in water/neem?  I ask because I brought some plants in under CFL's and I'm fighting aphids like crazy...

I always prune them completely and wash the whole plant + rootball in water and give them a good wash. It gets rid of pests and they are in fresh soil.

I do this with one plant per week in the fall and keep a close watch on them. Never had a aphidcolypse. Sometimes they do show up in newly sprouting leaves, so check the plants thoroughly, at least daily for the first week.

FGpepperguy said:

Did you dunk the entire plant & roots in water/neem?  I ask because I brought some plants in under CFL's and I'm fighting aphids like crazy...
Sure did.. I washed all the soil off in the tub and sprayed the whole thing with neem. Actually that plant is still alive and going into its 3rd season right now. Hoping to have some pods in a month or so on it.

I just got some seed from a train for this cross. It says F2, but I'm thinking that was the mother plant, so the seeds will grow the F3 generation. Looking forward to it. I can't start them till the middle of Feburary. Drat, I hate to wait.

How tall do the plants get?

smileyguy697 said:
Sure did.. I washed all the soil off in the tub and sprayed the whole thing with neem. Actually that plant is still alive and going into its 3rd season right now. Hoping to have some pods in a month or so on it.
I'm so going to do that next fall.  I'm hating aphid life right now.......

Chewi said:
20150303_122947_zpso4esvtj5.jpg

Can't remember which these are. I think f2............ah hell. Anyway, damn tasty these are so here we go for 2015!

Wow, I am surprised your node spacing is so small. My F3 stretched like crazy. I have a single ripe F3 pod right now and two others on the way (indoor grow). Waiting on the one with the pheno I like so I can pull the F4 from there and start that inside.

@smileguy697, Mike I think I have the pheno you were looking for, will shoot you a message on FB when I get better pics.

The leaves look right though.. And my guess would be f2 rob. Anyway shoot me those pics filmost and Did you happen to isolate them? My f4s didn't turn out right and I don't have a f3 plant. The mother is going strong though and I have isolated pods set to start over if need be.

smileyguy697 said:
The leaves look right though.. And my guess would be f2 rob. Anyway shoot me those pics filmost and Did you happen to isolate them? My f4s didn't turn out right and I don't have a f3 plant. The mother is going strong though and I have isolated pods set to start over if need be.

Yup these are isolated!

smileyguy697 said:
Filmost to the rescue! Lol.. I have some seeds from pods I liked that Dave grew but they are op. Just hate waiting on something and then being disappointed.
OP, but fwiw, the plant was grown 40 feet away from other peppers.

cone9 said:
OP, but fwiw, the plant was grown 40 feet away from other peppers.
True.. Not trying to step on your toes and didn't say I wasn't going to plant them. Those were awesome pods. You got any going yet?

Not taking any offense, Mike.  I was just pointing out they probably have little chance to have been crossed.  I have a couple going, only about 1 1/2" tall so far, from the seed from that plant - hope they are good.

I was going to OW the TxLD mother in the house but it really went to shit at the end of the season.  So I tried just keeping it in the garage.  I doubt it will come back.  My garage is not heated, but doesn't freeze but it's been so damned cold this winter it's gotten much too cold in the garage.  I brought my Manzano in to the basement grow area but it ended up loaded with aphids and was banished back to the garage to perish in the cold. I couldn't let the aphid infect my seedlings.

Did you start any Carbaci Sweets?

Here are the three pods I pulled off my F3 side by side. What do you think @smileguy697?

P3090680 by filmost, on Flickr

The smallest one is the one I posted before with the dimples. I like it, it's cute.

P3090682 by filmost, on Flickr

The other two are roughly the same size and shape. Here are two images of the largest one. It's fat from one angle, and narrow from another. And is relatively smooth.

P3090683 by filmost, on Flickr

P3090684 by filmost, on Flickr

filmost - What do they taste like?

Back