• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Terravexti's Two Update GLOG

So I've Been putting this off for awhile becasue I'm a horrible procrastinator (with growing you always have to wait for tomorrow). This has been my fist pepper grow from seed and it's been a alot of fun. I will only have two updates. One, to show how I got my peppers growing. One to show what I have at the end of the year. I know two updates are not a true glog, but I will appreciate any input, advise or critique from a great community of pepper growers.

The List: Most seeds from Pepperlover and a couple from Pepper Joe. A few from myself. Seeds Were palnted Feb 1. I ended up with four of each plant.

Serrano
Bhut Jolokia
Tabasco
Chocolate Habenero
White Habenero
Dorset Naga
7 Pod Brown
Yellow Brain Strain
Red Brain Strain
Trinidad Moruga
Trinidad Douglah
Trinidad Butch-T
Carolina Reaper
Giant Jalapeneo
7 Pod Primo

Brief Overview

I didn't soak my seeds in water. I just put them into soaked peat moss pellets which were in my 72 cell seed tray and humidity dome (80f with my heat mat). With my homemade grow box I used two T8 6500k fluorescents. As soon as the seedlings shed there shells I put them uncovered under the lights. Next I potted up into solo cups and 5x5 pots with plain sunshine mix soil and added perlite. After thant I began useing alaska 5-1-1 as directed. Once I had them hardend off (April), I put
(1)7 pod Brown
(1)Yellow Brain Strain
(1)Red Brain Strain
(1)Trinidad Moruga
(1)Trinidad Douglah
(1)Trinidad Butch-T
(1)Carolina Reaper
(1)Bhut jolokia
into four gallon pots with Fox Farm Happy frog soil.

Then Iput into the ground with my own compost mix
(1)7 pod Brown
(1)Yellow Brain Strain
(1)Red Brain Strain
(1)Trinidad Moruga
(1)Trinidad Douglah
(1)Trinidad Butch-T
(1)Carolina Reaper

All leftover chilies were palnted in a combo of mixes I will be keeping my eye on
Seeds Started

Yellow Brain

And my babies are getting larger.

Hardening off

The Douglah

Potted up (May 1st)

The rest of these shots are as of June 10th

And a side shot

Bump?

Peptacular said:
Nice man! Awesome one post time lapse. Those things are looking sexy and will likely pod up like mofookers.
Thanx. I will probably break down and update as I get more and more stoked about my pods coming in.

Here is the inground plants

My best looking Reaper

douglah

And the final one... for now

Back