• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Teurf 2015 - Day 242 - Brew, Peppers & Mt.Washington

Good afternoon fellow pepperlovers, for 2015, I want to grow less hot varieties than last year, as I found out I'm way woosier than I thought. I would also like to have all 5 standard "species". Here is my list so far:

Chinense
Bhut Jolokia
Yellow Burkina
Pink Tiger
Fatalii
Aji Limo
Trinidad Perfume

Annuum
Cumra Cherry
King of the North
Fresno
Long Thin Cayenne
Mulato Isleno
Numex Big Jim

Baccatum
Lemondrop
Aji Melocoton
Aji Mango
Aji Verde
Aji Amarillo

Pubescens
Aji Rocoto
Rocoto Oro
Rocoto Huallanga

Frutescens
Aji Pipi de Mono
Aji Charapita

I should start seeds after Christmas, prolly December 26th at 8AM, hehehhehee

Here's last year grow: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/43897-teurf-2014-grand-finale/?hl=teurf%26%2339%3Bs 

Merry Christmas Everybody,
Teurf

Nice work, Teurf!  All systems go.

The time-lapse videos are way cool!

Day 112: I started too soon. Again

Hi all, I have taken a break from posting for awhile. I haven't put too much effort in the peppers. They are pretty much stalled in their rootbound cups. Here are group shots and a pic of the first pepper, Long Thin Cayenne!

This OW Aji Amarillo REALLY wants to go outside. Here full of flower and I can't keep up watering the clay pot!

Here is a shot of non peppers: 6 Black beauty eggplants, Tomatillos, Ground Cherries and Ontario Light Tobacco.

I should be starting Kale, Cucumbers, Squash, Zucchinis, Borage, Chard, Basil, Lettuce soon enough.
Peace
Teurf

Day 121 Transplant-PulledPork-Plot

Hi guys, I finally decided to transplant most of my peppers. I thought I would put them outside the last of may or so, it would give them time to grow in their 8 inch pots.

I also have 3 aji amarillo, which I will take out once I bring the beast outside

Ground Cherries, Tobacco, Eggplants and Tomatillo

Me and my buddy to work again. Finally!

I thought I would post my last smoking success: Mesquite smoked Pulled Pork. DEEEElicious

Voilà!
Teurf

Day 130 - Compost Tea, Hardening off, Plant out

I took last year's bag that I sowed and reused the soil. I added extra shrimp compost, granular fert, azomite, a bit of lime and chicken manure.

We have really went nut over our community plots. My friend and I decided to try the double digging technique. We double dug our 20'x20' plots and amended with horse manure and mulched with grass clipping and leaves. You can even see clay clumps serving as Fortress Walls lol

I also added some compost tea to the garden to repair the double dig a bit, I guess... many will be bashing at me for double digging, but it's all part of experimenting. We used some of the worm gold that my friend had prepared through winter.

Here is the bunch taking a sunbath

On the way to the garden for their first day in high school.

My friend's plot

This is mine, with the root pouches in the alleys

Finally, here are our veterans, that my friend cheriched through winter: overwintered Aji Lemondrop and Numex Big Jim. They will soon go in the ground for round 2!

See ya guys,
TEURF

Day 199 - OMG it's been too long! (Hops, Tobacco, Peppazzz, Garden)

I have been away. I went fishing the great north with my buddies (Mistassini Lake). We have real nice fishing, we caught 2 nice speckled trouts (3.5 - 2.75 pds), about 30 walleyes and maybe 10-15 pikes. A real nice trip.

Then I visited east of Canada with my gf. We went to New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. We had lots of fun.

Then I came back. And I realised that I had planted everything wayyyyyyy too tight in the garden. We can't even tell where the garden starts and ends.

How am I going to circulate in all this vegetation....

First ones to ripen were the Burkina Yellow and the Aji Pipi de Mono. I did an enhanced version of Kraft Dinner with the yellow and an omelet with the Pipi de Mono. The Kraft dinner was burning hot but the taste was really different from what I had so far. The omelet was just a little tingly with a nice taste.

This summer, I started new projects: Brewing, Growing Hops and Growing Tobacco. Even though not pepper related, I will post some pics.

This is my Brewer's Gold climbing up the Pergola at my parents' house

Willamette aroma hops

Chinook bittering Hops

My assembled Mash Tun

A few tobacco leaves I harvested today.

DON'T YOU WORRY. The pepper pictures are about to show. I just saw Pepperlover's Aji Melocoton and Aji Mango start ripening.
I also have my first pubes podding up, about 1 1/2 inch diameter rocotos in my potted pubes. Aji Lemondrop is ripening.

But the dang Pink Tiger is SOOOO SLOWW!!!!

Anywho, thats it for today.
See you next time.

TEURF

Day 242: Brew, Peppers & Mt Washington

Hey hey, another late update. Here's a picture of my first brew day. I did an American Pale Ale in my 5 gal mash tun.

Peppers now.
Rocoto

Numex Big Jim

From left to right, top to bottom (Fatalii, Numex, Aji Mango, Espellette, Cumra Cherry, Pipi de mono, Lemondrop, Cayenne, Trinidad Perfume

Close up fatalii

Both big reds are Aji Verde and Fresno

Average garden harvest

This weekend I climbed Mount Washington by Tuckerman Ravine Trail. Dazzling view from up there, worth the hike.

See ya fellow pepperlovers,
Teurf

Teurf said:
Day 242: Brew, Peppers & Mt Washington

From left to right, top to bottom (Fatalii, Numex, Aji Mango, Espellette, Cumra Cherry, Pipi de mono, Lemondrop, Cayenne, Trinidad Perfume

Average garden harvest
How was the Aji Mango?

and what varieties are those tomatoes?

End of season: Canning and Curing Tobacco leaves

Hey yall, it is over now here in Montreal since October 15th. I had to unroot all pepper plants before October 15th due to community garden rules. A LOT of peppers were still green on plant, but at that point, they might never have ripened anyways.

I also harvested the Ontario Light Tobacco Leaves and hanged them in my parents' shed for a few weeks. Then I plan to repurpose a wooden box into a fermenter.

I also tried my first recipe of Hot Pepper Jelly with a blend of yellow and orange peppers: Aji Amarillo, Aji Lemondrop, Burkina Yellow, Fatalii, Aji Melocoton.

Cheers,
TEURF

Runescape said:
How was the Aji Mango?

and what varieties are those tomatoes?

Hi Runescape, it was super crunchy with medium flesh, its taste reminded me of the Lemondrop with a slight more sweet taste. Very interesting pepper, can't wait to regrow F2.

dragonsfire said:
Great little garden you got their! Great Hops one year and was bountiful , the next two years barely got anything :(

Heh, I didn't get much this year. Actually I had 3-4 bines break due to high winds, squirrels, dogs, and so on.... :(

I hope next year will be better.

Back