• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Thai Dragon and Ghost Pepper taste test

So... I won an auction put on by Dshlogg and received 40 Bhut Jolokias, 2 chocolate Bhuts, another chocolate either bhut or hab, 20 naga morich, and about a dozen thai dragons, a very generous amount for what I paid - and the dragons he threw in just because he could fit them in. I'll post pics later, but I just got this video on youtube, so I thought I'd post it before I post pictures and other thoughts.
Anyway, it's my first review, so be easy on me. I tasted the Thai dragon and Bhut. Forgive my lack of speaking for abit in it, I literally couldn't and even if I could I couldn't think straight enough to talk much...

First superhot and you ate the whole thing? :crazy:

Hahaha just kidding you're just more of a man than I am. I would have gotten out of that chair and started sprinting in circles.

First superhot and you ate the whole thing? :crazy:

Hahaha just kidding you're just more of a man than I am. I would have gotten out of that chair and started sprinting in circles.

I figured that it was going to really hurt either way, so why not go for it. My lack of sprinting in circles was more due to my lack of ability to move :lol:

Wow! Awesome video Andy. I can't believe you ate the whole thing. I still haven't eaten a whole Bhut. I gotta do it now. Now what to do with other 39? BTW the other chocolate pepper is a Congo Black. Since you like Habs, I think you will really enjoy Congos. Thanks for posting the video man. I really enjoyed watching it. You definitely have a talent for reviewing peppers. Good luck to you brother. Happy growing!

Wow! Awesome video Andy. I can't believe you ate the whole thing. I still haven't eaten a whole Bhut. I gotta do it now. Now what to do with other 39? BTW the other chocolate pepper is a Congo Black. Since you like Habs, I think you will really enjoy Congos. Thanks for posting the video man. I really enjoyed watching it. You definitely have a talent for reviewing peppers. Good luck to you brother. Happy growing!

Thanks! And thanks again for the extra peppers. Good to know about the Congo - now to decide whether to cook with it or just taste it. I'm curious... I've already frozen some of the bhuts, I'll probably dry others. I also gave two away to some people who like hot peppers and I'm excited to see how shocked they are after they try it :)

I made two burgers tonight with one of the nagas in them. That was a wonderful taste. Good heat, and it almost tasted smokey in the burger. I really liked the taste though.

Anyway, nice work on growing those

Ok, here's pictures of the box that was stuffed to the gills with peppers:

boxopeppers.jpg

And here they are spread out

peppersout.jpg

Finally, as far as the Thai Dragon - I'm kind of excited to cook with that. The heat built slow, then just kind of sat on my tongue. It's a good strong heat, but not overpowering. I think it will work great in a dish, but what one...

haha great video man! i also broke my virginity to the superhots this week with the same pepper, but only a half. That was a good review. Cheers

Back