• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Thai growing super small

I started these plants from seed this year. Started in small plastic green house then repotted to 6 inch pot then moved up to 1 -12 inch pot and 2 -8 inch pots (3 plants total). While from my inexperience it seem like they were doing great when the peppers finally started growing they are all no longer then a thumb nail.
19a6bd843f385b8c598117a6d8a0364c.jpg

57dd3070487bd9489cab368125a513e6.jpg

What could be the cause of this? I would assume that they are still useable, just small. Any thoughts?
a41621d7351a0492a5df19fd0e609dd8.jpg

Ok lol guess I'm just worrying too much they've been that size for almost 2 weeks and a couple had turned red so I got nervous. Thanks! I feel a lot better now. I'll keep this upto date with how things are going.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not every Thai pepper looks like that but some varieties certainly do. I gre something very similar a few years back and they had a pretty good heat to them, albeit nothing compared to what I eat now.

spicefreak said:
Not every Thai pepper looks like that but some varieties certainly do. I gre something very similar a few years back and they had a pretty good heat to them, albeit nothing compared to what I eat now.
Yea I figured they wouldn't all be the same, but these are so small it's the size of a pea when they are turning red.

They are quite hot that's for sure. My chili is gonna be spicy this fall. And I think I'm gonna try sweet thai chili sauce for my wings to

Here's mine - this was about 2 months ago; the first set of pods were all oval/oblong shape but now the second wave of pods are mostly all more round. Your plant is a picture perfect specimen for this Thai variety, you should be most happy!  :P

1SUCAKX.jpg

Yea wish mine would get ripe. Now that I know it's different looking then I expected (picture on seed bag was of the longer variety) and that they are all ok now I wanna start using them lol

Back