• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Thanks to all of you for your help

Sorry I've been absent the last couple of months, but I got a 2 month summer vacation (my last) after completing my first year of med school, and my wife and little girl got all of my attention.

I posted a few threads back in winter and spring, and started some plants in my dorm room. Thanks to your advice, I've got several healthy chocolate habs, caribbean reds, red savinas, fatalis, nagas, and scotch bonnets.

I learned a little sauce-wise on a trip down to the Yucatan Peninsula this summer, and am honing a recipe or two that seemed to work very well. More to follow.

Anyway, I'm grateful for all the advice I received. If anyone needs some seeds from the above-mentioned plants, shoot me a PM.

Thanks again!

Josh

There's an authentic Mayan restaurant in Playa Del Carmen, any chance you went?

Welcome back Staffing...I bet the Yucatan was nice...

I am embarrassed to say that my teenager and her friend vetoed culinary adventures of most types on this trip. I loved Playa del Carmen, though....gorgeous town, and reasonably safe.

I think the kids were concerned with E. coli, aka travelers' diarrhea.

I made it a point, though, in all restaurants we ate at to talk to the chef about whipping something local up for me. It worked for me. I will return to the area.

Back