• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The 2017 randyp "All the Worlds a Stage"grow.""Rush""

My friends, I am back from my self-imposed social network ban.This year I am very happy to say I will be focusing the majority of my 50-54 plants to seeds received in a seed swap with my friend Dave,"lobo."Virgin plants, to what we have been growing Stateside demand that I do all I can to see what the black gold dirt of Iowa will do for his seed stock..I see Monsters on the horizon. :dance: Today you get my list and a couple seed starter pics,Its great to be back.Good Luck to all of you in your lives as well as your gardens.
2017 pepper seed list0006.jpg

I got a flag to show my respect to Dave for his gift.It  will hang over and gaurd the babies before they hit the yard
If
IMG_20170205_061641993.jpg

Seed soak
IMG_20170205_053246764.jpg

I am trying to start this year's seeds into 4 inch cups.The new on off thermostat will help
IMG_20170204_163748911.jpg

Superhot Sim said:
All looking good so far Randy , plants are very healthy indeed ....
Welcome to Iowa Sim.Thank you for the kind words.Feel free to drop by and see if all my hard work will get destroyed in a thunderstorm this spring and summer.Two things I fear are Tornados and Bats.I hate them fast flying things.I can't hit a fastball. :onfire:

randyp said:
Worked the 4's into 6 inch pots and moved them back into my daughter's closet since she got herself a rental.

Work station goes good after doing this a couple years

attachicon.gif
IMG_20170311_145557632_HDR.jpg

Roots are good
attachicon.gif
IMG_20170311_155142730.jpg
BAC into the finishing room
attachicon.gif
IMG_20170311_173421844_HDR.jpg

Nice work Randy! Your pepper garden is gonna run on rails when you get everything transplanted!

On a side note went into local 5 and dime store,came out jumped into Grand Prix put key in and it would not start.WRONG damn car. What's the chances somebody comes in after you in a town of 400 and not only has the same make car but the inside was as cluttered
attachicon.gif
IMG_20170311_100032818.jpg

The crowning glory of the joke would be if the other guy did the same thing. ;)

The crowning glory of the joke would be if the other guy did the same thing. ;)

Glad I came out before he saw me trying to drive off in his car.lol
LOL! My thought is, you were as busy as me killing brain cells during the 70's ;) :shh: :drunk: ;) ;) ;)[/quote
We don't talk about the 70s and 80s because we can't remember them

This is the list of plants in pots.Time to see what makes the yard
IMG_20170313_115135976.jpg

Cool! Your plants must've grown out to the 4th or 5th node by now Randy... sweet! Did "Stella" drop any snow on you  monday night or yesterday?  It's probably still a little early to ask when your Dirt-day will arrive, but soon I hope!

stickman said:
Cool! Your plants must've grown out to the 4th or 5th node by now Randy... sweet! Did "Stella" drop any snow on you  monday night or yesterday?  It's probably still a little early to ask when your Dirt-day will arrive, but soon I hope!
Around 40 got moved up to 6 inch pots Rick.I will get some pics friday.We missed the snow but the cold air is kicking my butt.We start our warmup (60) today. :fireball:

randyp said:
Around 40 got moved up to 6 inch pots Rick.I will get some pics friday.We missed the snow but the cold air is kicking my butt.We start our warmup (60) today. :fireball:

Good job on the up-potting. :)  Most of mine are still too small for that yet, but soon I hope. Nice that you're getting warm temps. We've got a ways to go for that one too. Cheers!

stickman said:

Good job on the up-potting. :)  Most of mine are still too small for that yet, but soon I hope. Nice that you're getting warm temps. We've got a ways to go for that one too. Cheers!

I may have up-potted sooner than most but being at the factory from 530am till 430pm,it delays the watering schedule for me during the week.They do like the new shoes.lol

That's long hours my friend! And I used to do them too. I used to leave the house at 6AM and get home at 7PM. Then as the song goes I told them to "take that job and shove it". I did that 18 years ago and still hurt from those days.

Glad the gals are in new shoes, that always gives them a reason to grow like crazy.

Keep it green buddy!

Devv said:
That's long hours my friend! And I used to do them too. I used to leave the house at 6AM and get home at 7PM. Then as the song goes I told them to "take that job and shove it". I did that 18 years ago and still hurt from those days.

Glad the gals are in new shoes, that always gives them a reason to grow like crazy.

Keep it green buddy!
About 5-6 Years left Scott and I am heading south.Or north.Heck I will have the means it's were do I want to branch out.lol

Rick my black plastic is used on the outside of my nursery because it is in the room adjacent to my bedroom.I do have white on the wall to help reflect.In the main grow area it has foil for reflection and radiate heat.I read white is better but my homemade panels were made and I stuck with it.

IMG_20170316_180913156.jpg

IMG_20170316_180928656_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170316_180117333.jpg

Misc plants 4 days into the bigger pots and main grow area.
IMG_20170316_175857634_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170316_175403123.jpg

IMG_20170316_175158560_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170316_175122968.jpg

IMG_20170316_174950266_HDR.jpg

randyp said:
I may have up-potted sooner than most but being at the factory from 530am till 430pm,it delays the watering schedule for me during the week.They do like the new shoes.lol

I can see that! :)  Good on ya for thinking ahead!

You've definitely got a stable of fine lookin' ladies Randy... keep up the good work!

I ended up letting your Bhut-Scorpion cross grow out 8 nodes before clipping the primary node and all the leaves except the bottom pair to force axillary growth. It's a strong plant that's showing wood on the bottom inch of the stem, and budding at every node, so I expect it'll make a nice bush.

stickman said:

I can see that! :)  Good on ya for thinking ahead!

You've definitely got a stable of fine lookin' ladies Randy... keep up the good work!

I ended up letting your Bhut-Scorpion cross grow out 8 nodes before clipping the primary node and all the leaves except the bottom pair to force axillary growth. It's a strong plant that's showing wood on the bottom inch of the stem, and budding at every node, so I expect it'll make a nice bush.
Thanks Rick.MY best plants came from seeds I grew out in the yard.Dont no why but must be the traits they pick up from all my kindness to them.Lol.

They got first drink in a week.I am glad they are getting independent.
IMG_20170321_042643240.jpg

randyp said:
Worked the 4's into 6 inch pots and moved them back into my daughter's closet since she got herself a rental.

Work station goes good after doing this a couple years

IMG_20170311_145557632_HDR.jpg

Roots are good
IMG_20170311_155142730.jpg
BAC into the finishing room
IMG_20170311_173421844_HDR.jpg

On a side note went into local 5 and dime store,came out jumped into Grand Prix put key in and it would not start.WRONG damn car. What's the chances somebody comes in after you in a town of 400 and not only has the same make car but the inside was as cluttered
IMG_20170311_100032818.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAAA that's great. I once went to the store, forgot I had the wife's car and shipped in a car that was exactly like mine. I was on the phone so instead of just trying to take off, I sat there for a few minutes. (on the phone with the wife) when the truck pooped and the owner knocked on the window... It was then I realized that I'm lucky I live on the country instead of the city HAHAHAHAHA
A quick apology and explanation, a little laugh and then to find the car I needed lol

Blitz527 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAAA that's great. I once went to the store, forgot I had the wife's car and shipped in a car that was exactly like mine. I was on the phone so instead of just trying to take off, I sat there for a few minutes. (on the phone with the wife) when the truck pooped and the owner knocked on the window... It was then I realized that I'm lucky I live on the country instead of the city HAHAHAHAHA
A quick apology and explanation, a little laugh and then to find the car I needed lol
       Thanks for stopping in Alex.My best ever was in my drinking 20's.Stopped at Casey's to get gas in my car, came out after paying and had my drivers door locked.I ran inside and got a coat hanger to jimmy the knob to unlock.Got it opened jumped in and wouldn't you know it.The passenger window was open.I don't drink much anymore. ;)

Devv said:
Plants are looking stellar Randy! They will be more than ready come dirt day fo sho ;)

I knew of a guy back when I was in high school that "forgot" to go to work for a week, AND once parked his car and couldn't find it for 4 days. The 70's were harder on some folks more then others! ;)
Thanks Dew,forgetting to go to work is a good way to end up with lots of free time on your hands 

Back