• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce "The Awakening"....A new sauce from a new artist.

Hello, all.

While in Asheville (NC) last weekend, I came across a vendor who had, in addition to other natural products, several hot sauces. Being a collector (as most know), I bought one of each of 4 sauces, plus an extra of his hottest to try for myself. I find myself now wishing I had purchased extra bottles of the other 3 as well. Anyway, here it goes:

Sauce:
The Awakening

Producer:
Jeff
Balm of Zarahemia
www.balmzara.com

Ingredients:
Habaneros, lemon juice, tomatoes, carrots, brown sugar, sea salt, black pepper, herbs, garlic, and xanthan gum.

I tried the sauce over a bed of Thai jasmine and ginger rice.

The first thing I noticed was the interesting combination of lemons and habaneros; a winning combination. At the same time, this sauce packs some heat. While not a scorcher, it has enough heat to keep the most serious chili heads interested. Personally, I think this sauce is a winner. Were I to try it over (I used about 2/3 of the bottle ;-) ) this sauce would be excellent with seafood….even as a marinade. Chicken would be another good option.
Interestingly enough, while I only spoke to the guy briefly, I got the impression that he is a novice capitalizing on an abundant crop of peppers this year (his wife is the pepper head). I think with a bit of encouragement and guidance from some of you pro’s, he’s got a future.

Bon apetit.:hell:

DevilDuck said:
Um....website links to herbal soaps???
=============================
As I thought I stated, he's new to hot sauce....they had an abundant pepper harvest, so he gave it a shot.

The link was a means to contact him...not to spam or sell.

Good Sauce. I hope he sticks with it.

Back