• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense The best tasting non-hot C.chinense ever - The Aji jobito

SmokenFire said:

Hey Repairman99!  Welcome to THP!  If you've got the pepper bug this is the place for you.   :)

Once I have the seeds from Lindberg in hand I'll follow up in this thread.  To date I've received very many replies from interested members, and I look forward to being able to spread some very rare varieties around here and made a positive impact in Lindberg's life at the same time.  Pepper people helping other pepper people.  It's just the best.  

SmokenFire, I may need to get my Aji jobito seeds from you. I ordered direct, but just had an order from Peru conficated by the USDA, so they may take these also.

Steven

Repairman99 said:

SmokenFire, I may need to get my Aji jobito seeds from you. I ordered direct, but just had an order from Peru conficated by the USDA, so they may take these also.

Steven

That should be fine Steven.  Once I have seeds in hand I'll follow up in this thread.  :)

Hello friends, I notify you that today achieves send the package with seeds for auction Joe Delaney to send it to smokenfire, I think it should arrive within two weeks, greetings from Cumana Venezuela.

11392781_10206866987332416_3383536513671635645_n.jpg

11401146_10206866994492595_8583419600798293588_n.jpg

poypoyking said:
Got the ship notification today, very much looking forward to these!

I just got mine also. I ordered on May 30th and received shipment notification June 11th. The last order I got from Peru took about 9 days if I remember correctly.

I think a big package is going to Joe Delaney (or another user with an import permit) and then being shipped out to the individual people from there to get around customs.  I could be wrong but I think that is the mode of operation here.

poypoyking said:
+1
poypoyking said:
I think a big package is going to Joe Delaney (or another user with an import permit) and then being shipped out to the individual people from there to get around customs.  I could be wrong but I think that is the mode of operation here.
I'm not sure why the website has two shipping options? I paid the extra for Dhl, maybe I'm missing something..
At any rate I'm looking forward to growing these. I will be happy if they end up in my mail box.

poypoyking said:
Yes, smokenfire is supposed to get a shipment then I can purchase from him.

poypoyking said:

Mine too, the quote below sounds great and looks like a real good idea for group buys for any new and interesting peppers out there.

poypoyking said:

Steven

Boy, it has been a while since the seeds were supposed to be fed-exed. I know Smokenfire is going to contact us all, but I hope it wasn't another seed shipment that didn't make it through, especially if it was a lot of them. I'm still thrilled to get to try these Jobitos.

As of yesterday the larger shipment from Lindberg had not arrived yet.  Give it time though; last time all seed arrived right about the time everyone started talking about how we'd been scammed.  As soon as I have them in hand I will post in this thread and set about taking orders and organizing the charity auctions.  :)  

If I do get some of these, I am going to cross them with yellow Habaneros next year, then plant the seeds from the mildest fruit till I get just the right amount of heat, maybe around Jalapeno hot for me.   I want to use the jobitos as those who have tried them say they have great flavor.  It seems like the Chinense Hab. style round peppers are either all REAL hot, or no heat at all (Trinidad, Numex Sauve, Aji Dulce spice,  I have all three growing).  But  I want a Habanero type pepper with the perfect amount of heat (yes subjective, I know). 

If you could have it your way, what amount heat would you like your Habaneros to have?

What would make the perfect Habanero pepper for you?

Has anyone ever tried to make a medium hot Hab?

Steven

Repairman99 said:
If I do get some of these, I am going to cross them with yellow Habaneros next year, then plant the seeds from the mildest fruit till I get just the right amount of heat, maybe around Jalapeno hot for me.   I want to use the jobitos as those who have tried them say they have great flavor.  It seems like the Chinense Hab. style round peppers are either all REAL hot, or no heat at all (Trinidad, Numex Sauve, Aji Dulce spice,  I have all three growing).  But  I want a Habanero type pepper with the perfect amount of heat (yes subjective, I know). 

If you could have it your way, what amount heat would you like your Habaneros to have?

What would make the perfect Habanero pepper for you?

Has anyone ever tried to make a medium hot Hab?

Steven

I think Tobago Treasure is supposed to be a medium hot hab type. I've never tried one myself though.

Great news people!!

fx7xwz.jpg

and

2uhlgn6.jpg

I've counted two of the bags thus far; we've got about 300-400 seeds in each bag.   :D

To date about 50 people have sent me private messages about their interest in these rare seeds, and there's been a good deal of interest in this thread.  We've also discussed running a couple charity auctions.  This is how I am going to do things:

1. All packs will be 10 seeds and cost $5 plus shipping.  You can order just one of the varieties or all six.  Doesn't matter to me.  We will also run a couple rounds of a charity auction which will be posted in the Forum Ads section of the site.  The charity auctions will include packs of seed of all varieties with the same terms as found below.

2. I will ship anywhere in the world if you'll pay the freight.  CONUS shipping will be done via USPS in a padded envelope (roughly $2 plus whatever postage from me to you). If you want tracking it will cost extra.  Shipping outside the US will obviously be more expensive and may require additional handling costs - some seed might need a birthday card or whatever - contact me via PM and I will get you a quote.  No guarantees on seeds shipped overseas - several countries customs can be tough to get seeds through.

3. Money for the seeds will be accepted via PayPal ONLY.  Please remember to click the 'send money TO A FRIEND' box instead of business!  I will deduct shipping and materials from the money you send and then forward all of the profits along to Lindberg in Venezuela.  Lest we not forget it is because of Lindberg that these seeds are even available to us at all.   :)

4. One person/household per shipment.  My goal is to spread these genetics far and wide and I don't want any one person gobbling them up - even if offering more than list price for the seed stock.  Also THP members only on this deal.        

5. All sales are final - no returns or refunds.  We already have proof of the seed stock being viable; some of the jobito seeds were put out in Rick's seed train and several members have posted seedlings/starts.  Lindberg is a man of his word and this whole thing is being done not for profit in order to benefit Lindberg and his family.  As you're all aware Venezuela is not a very easy or comfortable place these days and the money you spend to get this seed is going towards health care for Lindberg's daughter:

479950_4339636413740_1314313772_n.jpg

Here are the peppers we're talking about:

21181-MLV20204468672_112014-O.jpg

Aji Margariteno:

AjiMargarite%C3%B1o4.jpg

Aji Rosita Rojo (have a yellow version of this too):

11169955_10206518012408261_7403925214582387352_n.jpg

Interested parties please private message me.  Everyone who already did so please get back to me with the varieties that you would like and an address that I can ship to for shipping cost quotes.  Note:  I have some time off coming up and we're headed out camping/fishing/hiking with the kids and then I'll be chasing the wife around the campfire after.  No parcels will be going out for a couple weeks ok?  Don't freak out if I haven't responded to a message in a couple days.  Trust that I will be in communication with everyone and that you guys will get everything you pay for in time.  And we'll be helping a really great guy in the process.   :)

juanitos said:
pretty expensive you're absorbing shipment risk / long wait at 2x the price of seed direct from him (25 for 5$).

I know it is a little expensive Juanitos.  But for anyone in CONUS you can get 60 seeds for roughly $35 or less - about fifty eight cents a seed.  Rare seeds that are here in my possession now.  

All the profits go directly to Lindberg.  With only 300-400 or so of each seed I wanted to try and get them out to as many people as possible.  Really with the seed stock I now have only 40 or maybe 50 people will be able to get the seeds I have.  Ultimately that can mean $250 to Lindberg, which will make a serious impact.         

Back