• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense The best tasting non-hot C.chinense ever - The Aji jobito

bpiela said:
Are all of the Lindberg peppers of the chinense variety?
well, I have the packages from  the first 4 types I got, Aji Dulce Pepon, Aji Dulce Rosita, Aji Dulce Llaneron and Aji Dulce Jobito and it lists all of those as Capsicum chinense.

Wow been reading this whole thread for like half and hour and just finished. Lol! 

Lindbergf seems like such a cool guy, I hope you and your daughter are happy and healthy this year and I hope the situation in Venezuela is better now!

Cheers!!!!!!
:party:  :party:  :party:  

This seasons Aji Jobitos coming on strong. Pods on and full of buds...... :dance:

GSYFFBD.jpg

Upa8EfF.jpg

Maligator said:
At some point I'll have to get some Jobito seeds for next year's grow attempt.

Given how many there are of us that are growing it this year seeds will be in abundance. 

Just received mine from The Hippy Seed Company. Too late in the season to get them started though...

On April 20th I planted 5 of each Lindberg variety. First sprout was an Aji Jobito on May 7, or 18 days later. These are in pots outside and it has been 80s during the day, low 60s sometimes dipping into the 50s at night here in northeast AL. As of today there are two Jobitos and one Rosita Red sprouted. 

cycadjungle said:
Smokenfire, how are you doing with Jobito seed inventory? How is your weather doing now for non freezing nights? Tom

I just received another batch from Joe via Lindberg.  I have all varieties available should anyone like them - pm me for info.

Regarding weather, I'm primed to plant out this weekend, and will be bringing my sides to a local farmer to grow out for use in hot sauces later this season.  If you've got any to ship let me know, I can use all the Fig pods I can find right now! 

Since the seeds are already pretty well dispersed, my plan going forward is to create a Lindberg pod based hot sauce that I will share out 50% of the profit from all bottles of that sauce with Fig.  He brought these landrace peppers into our world, so I'd like to create a specific small batch hot sauce that can be a residual source of some income for him.  Info for that sauce will be forthcoming once we get this season's harvest in.  ;)

gladius said:
SmokenFire have you sent money to Lindberg yet on these latest orders? Things are getting pretty serious in Venezuela; it may not be possible to send money much longer.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-12/raw-venezuela-looter-burned-alive-while-streets-filled-people-killing-animals-food

A payment of $50 was just accepted by Fig gladius.  And things are indeed dire down there at the moment.  Should anyone like to donate directly to Fig please pm me for the paypal addy.

SmokenFire said:
Since the seeds are already pretty well dispersed, my plan going forward is to create a Lindberg pod based hot sauce that I will share out 50% of the profit from all bottles of that sauce with Fig.  He brought these landrace peppers into our world, so I'd like to create a specific small batch hot sauce that can be a residual source of some income for him.  Info for that sauce will be forthcoming once we get this season's harvest in.   ;)
You're the man Dru, as if you haven't already done enough, now this. Well done mate, if only you lived closer, I'd send you my Margariteno pods to use.

SR. 

I did have some difficulty, I tried to germinate roughly four seeds of each variety. In the end I only ended up with the one Margariteno plant. I was using a heat mat to aid germination, there's a good chance that it may have been set too high.

I have enough seeds for another go this season, fingers crossed I have better luck. 

Back