chinense The Bicouglah TM F1 - 7-pot Douglah x Bhut Indian Carbon

Thanks to Chris Phillips for the name and trademarking it for me! I initially called this the Biclah, but I defer to cmpman1974!

And yes, the name is a joke!!!

This is a cross I made last year. My very first successful one! Both parents were extremely hot and typical of the varieties.

The aroma is very like a Douglah crossed with a Bhut. Wow, what an extraordinary result! It has some sweetness, but the douglah is probably dominant, with the earthiness, slight smokiness and tabacco-like notes that douglahs are known for. The Bhut Jolokia is clearly present, but is more subdued, even though the typical floral aromas are there.

The initial flavour is sweet and slightly fruity, followed by typical Douglah notes; deep, rich, tobacco-like and earthy. While the DOuglah flavours do dominate, they are tempered by the flavours of the Bhut Jolokia, transforming them to a much more palatable and excellent flavour. There is none of the bitterness or battery acid that people sense in the Douglah. Instead, the flavours are all smoothed out and to me, better than the individuals themselves. 

The heat was very aggressive and all concentrated on the tongue. A certain Christopher Phillips told me this cross had no heat. Yeah, right. I`ll get you back, you jokester!!! I`d say the heat was only just in superhot levels, possibly not quite super, in fact. I did lose all sense of taste though, which is a good marker for me. Only things around 900k SHU or higher tend to do that. I also got a slight endorphin response and again, only peppers with a very aggressive burn do that to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_3jqYfe0E&feature=youtu.be

Back