• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The boots are growin'

My BHUT's sprouted!!!

I'll have a pic of em up on here tomorrow....so can I keep em going over the winter???:hell:

I planted 4, and so far 2 have sprouted...slower than ever...but they did pop up...so that's kinda cool.

Wish me luck.:mouthonfire::rolleyes::mouthonfire:

If you keep them under lights and at a decent room temperature (i.e. not too cold) they should be growing until May or whenever you plant out! (If you do)

I had an image of you growing peppers in old pairs of boots.... yes... I'm a bit slow haha

I've had some in my grow box for a few weeks and they haven't popped heads yet, might chuck another batch in soon

Do Bhuts need as long time for sprouting as Habs need? I'm impatiently waiting for some habs I wanted to try indoors. I started them 3 weeks ago and I read that they could need up to six weeks...

skealo said:
GOOD LUCK!

R u growing indoors?? Kinda late to be sprouting.

Yeah, I will be growing them indoors until about May, so I am looking at it as.....not late....just kinda.....real early:lol:

I have a 3rd one getting ready to sprout, I can see the stalk under the peat it just hasn't woke all the way up yet. Once that one is up, it will be 75%....as I can't see any activity in the 4th one yet. It took over 3 weeks, and I was surprised as I didn't think it would take so much time just to sprout.

I have them in a heated, growlight lit room, so they should fare the weather.....I hope:onfire:

See the boots!!!!

OK......here's the Boots!!!!!!!

Taken with my daughters new digital...here are the two bhut seedlings.

DSC00090.jpg

Aww, can't wait for my first 2009 or late 2008 seedlings.

Just one question: Why didn't you fill the cup with soil instead of putting the jiffys in a half filled cup? Not that it'd make a big difference at this stage, but it'd save you some work later and the jiffys couldn't fall over. :)

Congraetulations my friend lovely to see them sprout up and i hope they bring you a great harvest in the future :)

Ok, now we are up to 3 seedlings and the fourth one is fixin(that's a Texas word) to pop up....so it is lookin like a 100% germination rate so far on these seeds.

They were purchased from NMSU....so they are supposed to be the real deal.

We'll see next fall when the pods ripen....:hell::onfire::hell:

Congrats man they are supposed to be somewhat difficult to germinate and you got all 4 to sprout. Look forward to future updates.

BigDogDaddy said:
My BHUT's sprouted!!!

I'll have a pic of em up on here tomorrow....so can I keep em going over the winter???:hell:

I planted 4, and so far 2 have sprouted...slower than ever...but they did pop up...so that's kinda cool.

Wish me luck.:mouthonfire::rolleyes::mouthonfire:

Are you starting to grow them already for 2009 ?

Hotpeppa said:
Are you starting to grow them already for 2009 ?

Yep, These are the ones for next year!!! Woo Hoo!!!

number 4 is almost ready to stand up, maybe another day. So they sprouted at 100%. I am impressed that they all sprouted....:hell: took em long enough....but it was worth the wait.

Back