• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Drunken Chef

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch of Las Vegas. I had picked up some beautiful chix I wanted to deep fry but soon discovered I didn't have enough oil. Why not just drive down to the local grub store and buy it you ask? BECAUSE I WAS PISS DRUNK!! Alrighty then. I grab the bottle of Hornitos tequila and ready myself to begin the destruction. I fire up the cast iron dutch oven and just start throwing stuff in. Olive oil. Garilc. Julieanned shallot. Chix thighs. Gets a little blurry here but I somehow managed to debone the thighs without chopping off my leg but then all good cooks should be able to pull that off. The vast majority of experienced kitchen rats and riffraff cook much better after a bottle of wine or three. Those of you reading this keep that little kitchen tip in mind, especially when family from out of town is around. If the wife is chewing your ass the next day for your drunken lewd and lascivious behavior in the kitchen the previous night, then you know you must have made a helluva meal and did it right.

Continuing on, I soon missplaced my shot glass and decided to dispensed with it all together. Why should tequila have to go through a middleman anyway. Liquors quicker straight from the bottle. I discovered I had a stash of dried pequins from last season and bada bing bada boom in they went. Same with some forlorn looking button mushrooms. Whirring and stirring with a spoon in one hand and the bottle of firewater in the other, why not deglaze the pan with tequila? Excellent idea! Might as well get rid of the rest of the hab salsa I made the other day. In that goes, adios baby! Add some seasalt and cracked black pepper. Whir and stir. Taste. It tastes like burning. Nice.

Somehow during this culinary rampage I managed to take a few pics.

The beginning of the end...

0230.jpg

I think this was chicken..

0228.jpg

Stewing in its own juices, just like me..

0231.jpg

I can't be sure but I think I ate it with tortilla's but who can say. This morning as I looked at the devastation in the Blues Kitchen I reckoned that were I to detonate a hundred pounds of C4
in the middle of it I would only cause about $21.47 worth of damage. Mrs. Blues was not amused but and well acquainted with my late night shenanigans. Ahhh marital bliss.

Now that I have started this thread, I call on all you THP drunks, sots, and gin blossomed heathens to keep it going. Pics are mandatory and it goes without saying that rule number one is...YOU MUST BE DRUNK WHEN COOKING!!

So get the divorce papers ready, get your favorite bottle of liquid stupid and get cookin' ya'll!

Cheers, TB.

M.M. beautiful wings, I’ve been hankering to do wings for a while now, but my girl has a phobia of foods with bones in them, and they’re just not the same made from tenders.

Sorry about that last pic, still leaning on here; apparently you can only post so many pics in one post then if you try to split the post in to two, and someone doesn’t post between your two, it get combined into one. . . Hence this is how Jay T, quoted himself in his own post, check it:
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/28606-burgers-hell-yeah/page__view__findpost__p__578889 Speaking of which, Jay what was that hot sauce in that post?

And a repost of my $hot.
IMG_0215_crop.jpg

PK the hot sauce is Lucky Dog Hot Sauce's Green Sauce. Review forthcoming. BTW I think that is one helluva fine looking sammy and you certainly know how to make fresh cut fries sir. Well done.

It's 6:30 and been preping since 5:30 but hey it's Saturday and my daughter is about to head back to college so it's BBQ time. This is how we
Rock It around here: A Pictorial Review

Soaking Apple and Mesquite chips since last night
3c7dc771.jpg

1 big fat birds in Honey Brine overnight
dd7f85ab.jpg

Heavy foil - the key to easy smoker clean up
f5295537.jpg

Chips below and Apple Juice and some of My Friend Jack above
8bf7f0f4.jpg

Now to the meats
2 Birds ready to go, After the brine I mixed Weber's Garllic and Herb rub with a touch of Fatalii powder
ce45adfd.jpg

AND the Pork Loin
Use my one rub named ofter my Brother who really loves to SMOKE his meat :)
03fc51a6.jpg

Rubbed and ready
2cc88e05.jpg

Que Black Eyed Peas "Lets Get It Started, Lets Get It Started In Here"
One well stocked smoker:
08d759e3.jpg

Wouldn't be DC with out a Beer and a Shot

2fc63f0f.jpg

I gotta do something about this dang flash

Oh, and you know it's not the RocketMan's party unless there's some sauce being make. Here's the base it's a propriiary blend of all of the left over peppersI couldn't fit into a jar from the last 8 months of sauce making. and it's been fermenting 6 of those months after which I moved it into the fridge.
d3b1145c.jpg

It's at 250 and going to town, see y'all again in about 6 hours or so
RM

9:40 and it's looking good

c6478b2e.jpg

Wanted to add some peppers to get smoked when I added more chips but I cant find the 3rd grill to add them in. SO a Chipolte sauce may not get done today. :(

Yes!!! found something to use and now smoking some Habs

ab2574f5.jpg

Time to Pull my Meat out of the smoker

650536f9.jpg

The close up

ceb08f42.jpg

And some smoked Hab just waiting to be all sauced up

6e1879ab.jpg

Now just waitin on company and the sides that are coming with them.

Smoked meat part 2

8 eggs and 4 cups of flour into the mixer and in a little bit you get a mice dough ball. Quarter the dough ball
10647808.jpg

Great piece of equipment
f19a4322.jpg

Get down to 6 and run it through the Fettucci
Blades.
99e8e964.jpg

e8c21b07.jpg

16c76eda.jpg

A nice spicy red sauce
2228d99a.jpg

And some homemade Alfrado
6a5b5192.jpg

And of course the smoked chicken
085c139c.jpg

Of course we need some veggies. So to the grill we go. Slice up some Zuccimi and Yellow Swuash. Cost with Oluve Oil and a little kosher salt
8e5906cc.jpg

Pasts
69bf7ff5.jpg

OK-when a DC poster can't spell PASTA that's an automatic WIN!

Sheesh RM, won't you please move to the Methow???

Back