• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Fluorescent Grow Challange...

I sent you seeds too Ann, would have thought you would have got them before everyone else considering you are in the same state.lol... dang USPS. I divided up all the dried seeds evenly with everyone in the challenge so 12 seeds each.

Don't look at the horrible wiring, it was done in a matter of a couple hours and just in time for the plants.

A carpenter's house is never finished.
A mechanic's car never runs.
A cobbler's child is always barefoot.

I'm sooooo jealous. I wish I had room like you do!!!! I can't wait to come see the full set up, I'll bring a box or two.

Maybe I missed it, but what kind of peppers are the seeds going to produce?
I am not supposed to say so you did not miss it. I will say it is a short season variety so we should see pods on some or all of them even if they are not fully colored up. Also it is labeled a F1 so these seeds may go all sorts of directions or they may breed true. All part of the fun.

Oh Ok, I was wondering. LOL They are hot though, right? I wish I would have seen this earlier, I have been away from the forum alot lately and it would have been fun to participate.

Thanks, 1f1, I didn't check mail Fri or Sat. Sometimes I let it go for a week if I'm not expecting $$.

Scovie, I "conveniently" managed to take the pictures without including our electrical panel and generator set up that used to be all neat and tidy until we replaced the panel, and never quite got around to tieing in the generator. So it hangs there next to the panel, and when the power goes out, we just temp in the wires.....again~~~~~

Glad to see this pickin up, time is growin near... 1F1 ya have the same light as i do... It should prove interesting to say the least. I look forward to 7 days form now. I will be out of town, but i will start the process...

They sure are small ain't they? Hey everyone in, please post a pic of your set up along with a brief description. Who hasn't gotten their seed yet?

Picked up my seeds today.

Man, those seeds ARE tiny!

4 days and counting... so who's still in? Iam planting out some i have in my box to clear room. It's mid 80's here this week, so there all loving it. I guess I
'll give some away to the neighbors or maybe take them up to the hydro store, and donate them.

If ya haven't yet, please post a pic of your set up where your going to grow. I think i am going to grow one in a DWC, my datil is doing great in the one I have now. Once we get started, give some details on soil, watering and such... since this is kinda intended to help people of the forum for starting seed early next year.

Back