• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The fruitiest tasting peppers - (real fruit flavours)

I've only posted 200+ times but I have read MANY threads here and what I have come to is that there is a serious schism on the flavor of the Lemon Drop.

*Edit: I haven't had it yet.

Burgundy (aka "7 Pot" Burgundy) has a definite passion fruit flavour - as does the Brown Congo/Jamaican Hot Chocolate. 

Most baccatum have that malic acid taste - wishy-washy apple.  Rainforest doesn't - very sweet musky flavour.

I find Lemon Drop more musky than citrusy.  With a good slap of cat piss thrown in.

Strangely my Bhut Jolokia have a very strong passion fruit aroma as well - I can't get enough of them - I find myself sitting with a container of sliced open bhuts sniffing them while watching The Strain.  Hmmmmm not sure I should've posted this.

RobStar said:
Burgundy (aka "7 Pot" Burgundy) has a definite passion fruit flavour - as does the Brown Congo/Jamaican Hot Chocolate. 

Most baccatum have that malic acid taste - wishy-washy apple.  Rainforest doesn't - very sweet musky flavour.

I find Lemon Drop more musky than citrusy.  With a good slap of cat piss thrown in.

Strangely my Bhut Jolokia have a very strong passion fruit aroma as well - I can't get enough of them - I find myself sitting with a container of sliced open bhuts sniffing them while watching The Strain.  Hmmmmm not sure I should've posted this.

LOL The strain.. Hopefully they fix that awful costume for the next season  ... What coloured Bhut did you think had that passionfruit flavour... My peaches hint at it..  like a super ripe passion fruit..
D3monic said:
I've heard more than one person now refer to wild brazil as tasting like hot ass skittles. 

Now that's a taste I could get my mouth around.. !!!!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Flexuosum. Taste and feels like eating grapes

That looks like a really interesting pepper.  I think I want to grow one next year.  Where did you score your seeds?

RobStar said:

- I can't get enough of them - I find myself sitting with a container of sliced open bhuts sniffing them while watching The Strain.  Hmmmmm not sure I should've posted this.
Hah hah hah, thanks. That image gave me the good laugh I needed!
D3monic said:

We talking about peppers or weed? Send me a Oz of that stat  :rofl:
Nice to see I'm not the only that thought that! Lol

Back