• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The General Taco thread. All things taco.

So, I've been wandering around the site trying to find a general taco thread. I'm sure it exists but the only thing I ran across was taco tuesdays and tex mex. I have tacos whenever I can. To hell with Tuesdays! So this is a thread to post your badass tacos. Recipe or not. Just put up a pic. All tacos welcome.

My dinner
slow cooked, dry rubbed, and smoked pork shoulder shredded and built with some of Salsa Lady's Chipotle BBQ!

Hey i've made some killer veggie tacos for vegan friends. Zucchini, cauliflower, onion and peppers. Tastes just as good. lemme see if I can find the pic on this slow ass network. 

anyone who hasn't tried zucchini in a ground beef taco really should. tastes great and good way to stretch the meal. 

NVM I don't see any pics of the veggie tacos anywhere in my photobucket. 

The Hot Pepper said:
TB orders his Texas chili... no meat. Onion tomato stew! Still, no beans.
Guilty as charged.

I haven't made a proper pot of red since I was a caveman.

Saving it for fall/winter chile/stew throwdown.

Which, now that I think of it, might not be a bad idea.

On one hand the chile from each post might look the same as others with minor difference's....

It's all about how you dress it up.

Texas style.

Skyline chile style.

Yankee style with beans.

Aleut style with muktuk.

Hippy vegan tree bunghole chile.

Euro foofoo style with some french bullshit.

I don't care.

I reckon I've gotten to old to give a damn.

But that'd be great throwdown.

JayT said:
I'd put my chili up against anyone's. Even AJ's Red. I got tiny trophys ya know!

I'd say thats mighty big talk from a one eyed fat man!

Love AJ long time and I've had his chile.

I like to be liking mine better.

Folks might have a differnt' opinion.

But AJ's was pretty damn hot blue and righteous.

And the man rocks a bloody mary mix  harder than .....what?

I dunno'...

Nuthin' harder.

AJ's t-scorp puree.

Hottest shit I ever ate.

Have mercy!

What's going on chilehead's? Let's start off. I hardly ever post food pics, but since I made some tacos I'll post. Which is weird. I cook tacos a couple times a week, as well as smoke something every week. I'll try to post more in the cooking with fire section more often. Sorry ahead of time for the phone pics.

This is my surf and turf style tacos.

TURF

Carne Asada seasoned with garlic, onion, cumin, salt, achiote, annum crushed pepper, super ground pepper and fresh peppers (Jalapeño, Serrano,and Jays Peach).

Pollo Asado. Homemade marinade. Chipotle peppers in sauce thrown into the blender with lime juice, cumin, achiote paste, salt, crushed red pepper, and oregano. Marinate for 24hrs. Grill, chop, and throw into the mix.

SURF

Chop up shrimp, throw it into the mix.

All cooked in lard. On the disco burner.

Home made hot sauce. Mango, pineapple, oranges, onion, limes, garlic, allspice, salt, Jigsaws.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.

Chuck

OCD Chilehead said:
What's going on chilehead's? Let's start off. I hardly ever post food pics, but since I made some tacos I'll post. Which is weird. I cook tacos a couple times a week, as well as smoke something every week. I'll try to post more in the cooking with fire section more often. Sorry ahead of time for the phone pics.

This is my surf and turf style tacos.

TURF

Carne Asada seasoned with garlic, onion, cumin, salt, achiote, annum crushed pepper, super ground pepper and fresh peppers (Jalapeño, Serrano,and Jays Peach).

Pollo Asado. Homemade marinade. Chipotle peppers in sauce thrown into the blender with lime juice, cumin, achiote paste, salt, crushed red pepper, and oregano. Marinate for 24hrs. Grill, chop, and throw into the mix.

SURF

Chop up shrimp, throw it into the mix.

All cooked in lard. On the disco burner.

Home made hot sauce. Mango, pineapple, oranges, onion, limes, garlic, allspice, salt, Jigsaws.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.

Chuck

I knew it's been hot in CO past few days but didn't know you could simmer right on the gravel! That's some AZ type sheit right there.     :rofl:

Looks great

JayT said:
Oh wow... That looks scrumptious.
It did come out good. Maybe a little more salt. I don't use a lot of salt cooking. I just season to taste when I eat.

D3monic said:

I knew it's been hot in CO past few days but didn't know you could simmer right on the gravel! That's some AZ type sheit right there.     :rofl:

Looks great
Thanks. It does look that way in the pics. LOL

The Hot Pepper said:
Nice gravel I saw that at Home Depot lol...
No HD. Came from the local pit.

texas blues said:
La plancha the 'kang!

So many names.

Disc.

Disk cooker.

Disco.

Paella pan.

Who cares what you call it.

It rocks!
Dont forget cowboy wok. Thats one I ordered. We have one that's 20inches that we made from actual plow disc. We used that this morning for breakfast burritos at the shop.

This is the set up.
image.jpg

This mornings breakfast.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I really enjoy cooking on these. I have a taco comal as well.

Tacos in between me roasting peppers for sauces and stuff. 

3 aji amarillo, onion and zucchini sauteed in kerrigold butter. 1lb grassfed beef. Chili ancho modelo, cumin and a packet of la preferda taco seasoning

Served with cilantro lime rice, salsa verde I made today and some chipotle chihuaha cheese

D3monic said:
Tacos in between me roasting peppers for sauces and stuff. 

3 aji amarillo, onion and zucchini sauteed in kerrigold butter. 1lb grassfed beef. Chili ancho modelo, cumin and a packet of la preferda taco seasoning

Served with cilantro lime rice, salsa verde I made today and some chipotle chihuaha cheese

There we go. Some more tacos. That sauce looks awesome.

Back