• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The General Taco thread. All things taco.

So, I've been wandering around the site trying to find a general taco thread. I'm sure it exists but the only thing I ran across was taco tuesdays and tex mex. I have tacos whenever I can. To hell with Tuesdays! So this is a thread to post your badass tacos. Recipe or not. Just put up a pic. All tacos welcome.

My dinner
slow cooked, dry rubbed, and smoked pork shoulder shredded and built with some of Salsa Lady's Chipotle BBQ!

marinaded a pork loin with can of chipotle, can of salsa verde, cumin, lots of peppers, red onion, garlic what ever else I forgot.

image.jpg

Smoked over alder and apple for 8hours to 203

image.jpg

Guacamole and pickled onions

image.jpg

Sauce I made last night. Best to date

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D3monic said:
Yes, orange juice, lime juice, salt, pinch sugar, serranos or what ever, boil some water, blanch onions for about 20 seconds. Put into juice mix. Cover and refrigerate for a min hour.

thanks ... i want to make some ... the aesthetics are strong ...

Spicy Chicken Tinga with aji picante (made with my very own aji pineapples), crema sauce, shredded cabbage and cotijo Mexican cheese, all on top of fried tortillas :D This was so delicious it was practically tear inducing. Brought leftovers to work and let people try some of the chicken; people were jealous. 

8ac6ec984f0805b5fa813db99dea198e.jpg

Hahaha, I bent them into taco form to eat them.

And yes, the aji picante sauce has a TON of cilantro, as well as green onion parsley, etc. I typically fry the tortillas in a cast iron full of peanut or veggie oil, depending on what's on hand

so on rawk's recommendation, I decided to try trader joe's soyrizo. Way better than the other tofurky craprizo. First sautéed it with some onions then added some tofu to it, then decided screw fake scrambled eggs i want tacos. So, i made tacos. Has daiya vegan cheese and my salsa de cacahuate with some extra powpow. 

20150728_115125.jpg

First time making steak tacos after reading about all of your successes. It was amazing so thanks to all of you for the inspiration!
I marinated the skirt steak for a few hours in 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 2 tbsp. lime juice, 2 tbsp. Worchester sauce,
6 garlic cloves, 2 ripe jalapenos, handful of cilantro, couple dashes of ginger, fresh ground black peppercorn.

Only thing I would have done differently was to cut the meat against the grain rather than with.

20150726_170221_resized_zpseictd2gc.jpg
20150726_174000_resized_zpsyygleoti.jpg
20150726_174223_resized_zpso3rgx1xo.jpg

Back