• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse The Ghetto Greenhouse Project

Ok team,

I'm planning to record the progress of my Ghetto Greenhouse Project. Lets see other members' green houses.

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo10.jpg

Thanks
Hey Socal. Looking good.
Mine was an old shed/playhouse for kids I think. It appears to be sitting on landscape rocks and dirt.
I'm going tom move it and put the frame on bricks. We'll probably do a dirt floor or old ply wood floor.

I'll keep you posted.

Yours is nice BTW.
In the spirit of austerity, I'm trying to do this one with little or no cost.
Nice Ghost Pepper

O aight that I trying to at little cost, but I lost all the receipts on purpose so I could let myself believe it was at little cost. The dissappointing thing is I found a Greenhouse on the local ad for Harbor Freight the same size for 299 with coupon. But it was still worth it as it has turned into a family project that has keep getting delayed due to schedule or weather. Please keep us updated I would love to see the finish result and certain things you decided to do with it.

It is 14 x 16. Unfortunately I have to dedicate half the space to our market gardening and vegetable starts. Hopefully I will have the money to extend it out another 16 feet this year.

This one got destroyed by the snow and wind
2321000315975546b0a7fq1.jpg

This is currently my main greenhouse
232100031374020e54b0od3.jpg

I'm hoping to clear some land and put up my 100ft polytunnel this spring, or it might become 2 50 footers

That sucks about the destruction I had to look it up the polytunnel wow 100 ft, but the polythene is the material I will use to cover the sides for the winter especially if it can withstand strong winds.
Thanks Potawie

Good luck Bill. This will be sweet to follow. Derek, do you have any plants out in yours yet? If so, what temp will it hold compared to outside? Nice looking projects everyone =) I am going to convert my storage shed into one.....someday!

(stupid autocorrect)

No plants in my greenhouse until April . Its very unefficient and expensive to heat a polytunnel, even in the spring

photo16.jpg

photo20.jpg

Lookin Good

Just needs paint.

photo21.jpg

Good Lookin

Any ladies out there following our priject?

photo25.jpg

SWEEEEET! I mean HOT!

Just needs the epidermis.

Back