• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

The Great Gremlin Wars have begun

After about three months on my rear, I have launched the Great Gremlin wars.  First there was an icestorm.  Froze the regulator on the propane tank.  Furnace stopped working.  Basement pipes froze and burst.  Next, circuit breaker for hot water heater sparked out from the humidity down there.  Now its the toilet that needs regutted.  Somewhere in there was my wifes truck getting flats.

So I declare a war on gremlins.  Whose in?  Home repair season for anyone else?

AJ Drew said:
After about three months on my rear, I have launched the Great Gremlin wars.  First there was an icestorm.  Froze the regulator on the propane tank.  Furnace stopped working.  Basement pipes froze and burst.  Next, circuit breaker for hot water heater sparked out from the humidity down there.  Now its the toilet that needs regutted.  Somewhere in there was my wifes truck getting flats.

So I declare a war on gremlins.  Whose in?  Home repair season for anyone else?

Knock on wood - nothing too serious this winter.  The condensate pump on the furnace stopped and leaked water all over.  Outdoor frost free faucet started dripping so I had to repack it.  Water heater needs to be replaced at some point, but they installed the furnace in front of it.  Either a wall has to go, the furnace has to move, or I have to cut it up into pieces.  Until then, I let my wife shower first.  :)

Edit: My identical replacement HID bulb bust and destroyed the fixture with it.  I think the gremlins have gotten to others' lights as well.

for my part, it's my truck that gives me trouble.
the starter wire has worn out and hit the frame, broke down on the highway in an exclusive towing area.
After finding trouble and changing the wire I did a test to see if everything is correct and
in less than five minutes the brake line has broke 
I changed a  16 inches long brake line in the rear .
1 hr after it is the one in front which pierced.
So I changed all the lines and when i wanted bleed I broke the bleeder.
I had to change the cylinder in the back and tomorrow I will try to remove the caliper bleeder
I hope to be able to take them out  :neutral:

8a148546db65b27613c1ce39f3b29ed9--retro-cars-vintage-cars.jpg
NY-Gremlin-gremlins-33863116-500-328.jpg

ITS ON!!!

AJ Drew said:

Welcome to Alaska!

Paulky, never anything that fancy but we did that as teens.  Took crappy old V8s and shoved them in Gremlins and other little cars.  Thing is, the goal was to keep it under the hood so we could screw with people.  A friend had one that would pick the front end up when he launched and between a couple gears. Today, it is all what they call tuners.  Hell, I dont even see bondo or primer anymore.

Needswork - Ye I got light woes too.  Waiting on a shipment desperately.  Had no idea how much of the heat in my grow room was dependent on the lights.  Its set up in a former cistern.  No heat from the house, underground, stays about 55 without heating it.  Thought the heaters I had in there were enough.  Nope.  Have turned off the vents, kept the door open, still not warm enough.

My well horizontal line rusted out.  It worked when the water line was above it.  I was without water for a month on and off...

AND....it was right under my pepper bed.   Mostly sweets...I still have green pablanos and such in the freezer.

No well head.  The 90 was 6 feet down....under my deck/carport...mini backhoe barely fit

But I really didn't need water cause the river flooded as usual

Redo well $4000
All new brake lines and a power steering cooler on the Chevy truck $2000
Root canal and crown $2000

I made a lot more this year than the Obummer years and still have more to show for it.

Rairdog said:
My well horizontal line rusted out.  It worked when the water line was above it.  I was without water for a month on and off...

AND....it was right under my pepper bed.   Mostly sweets...I still have green pablanos and such in the freezer.

Looking at the photo of the flooding.  I am in central Kentucky.  I am horribly gimpy but believe very strongly in social equity.  If things like that happen again and you need help, please let me know if there is something I can do.  If you are not too far, will drive up to help.

Back