• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

The Guano...

Hi to all, well i did do a search for bat and seabird guano and i had a good read. but i wanted to ask if any of you tried this particular brand..The guano company, super Bat budswel and or super bat supertea. did you lke it, how did it do for you..
youre info is greatly appreciated..

Thanks
B.Q.

I have been using it occasionally this season (like once or twice a month). I really just stick to water and good soil... my chiles grow really well and have been producing peppers for a couple months now. I couldn't tell you if it helps much, but I'm sure it helps the plants out.

I use both the Yellow label and green label budswel teas (they come in gallon containers). I was using the green label when they were growing, and I have switched to the yellow label now that they are producing peppers. I am sure the plants could do without it, but I paid a fortune for it so I use like 3 tablespoons per gallon (twice a month).

I do not use that particular brand but I do use Foxfarm big bloom which contains guano and I have had some monster plants this season. Will be geting again next year.

Super Bat has been around for many years. It's a little expensive, but it's really good stuff. I generally associate it with growing that other flowering plant.

I don't know that Supertea or Budswel will do anything you can't do with other fertilizers or soil amendments, but it does make it easy to give your plants a strong dose of fertilizer without risk of burning them.

I do not use that particular brand but I do use Foxfarm big bloom which contains guano and I have had some monster plants this season. Will be geting again next year.

not saying that big bloom is bad... but unlike super bat products, big bloom will burn your plants if not used properly and it's not "organic."

you could technically water your plants with pure super bat tea and not burn your plants

When using guano is there a risk of Histoplasmosis? I know you can contract it from in hailing dust containing bird and bat dropings. I've seen chest x-rays of people who have and they look like they been hit in the chest with bird shot.

When using guano is there a risk of Histoplasmosis? I know you can contract it from in hailing dust containing bird and bat dropings. I've seen chest x-rays of people who have and they look like they been hit in the chest with bird shot.

I've never heard of that happening. Generally you'd be working with only a few tablespoons at a time (of the dry mixture), so it shouldn't be too difficult to limit breathing any dust.

I don't think I used that brand but, guano is good stuff. Its a very slow release fert but is excellent when amended into your soil.

Back