The Hot Pepper Awards 2008 - Winners Announced!

Big Congrats to Stillmanz !

and like many, i now have to finally get off my arse and place an order for that winning sauce !

if i order a bottle, throw in a couple of frozen deeee-lish-izzzz looking snails !...lol

congratulations to all winners.

it's good to see the awards shared around between so many different entrants - a good indication of the high quality and great variety of products around. great news for all pepper lovers!

My congrats to all too. I had no clue there were so many categories! Have I got some sampling to do now and man am I looking forward to it.

Congrats to all the winners! There are some great products that I have had to try on that list. THP does need a mustard category. Our fellow THPer, Sauceman51, sent me some mustard and I just recently tried his jerk mustard and my gawd was it good.

How many total entries were there this year? Was it more or less than previous years. Just curious because of the economic climate. Again, congrats to all the winners and THP for their efforts!

I don't think the economy had any effect Buddah.

thehotpepper.com said:
I don't think the economy had any effect Buddah.

I don't think so either Buddah. People may not be able to afford high $ items like cars and houses these days, but many more people are also eating at home. This means they will be buying more supplies to make their breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Our sales are actually up nearly 80% from last year. I do believe this is a tell-tale sign that people are focusing more on their lives at home than anything else.

DEFCON Creator said:
I do believe this is a tell-tale sign that people are focusing more on their lives at home than anything else.
Or maybe a tell tale sign that the assimulation is almost complete. Remember, you promised me Germany when everything's said and done.

Intensity Academy said:
The Intensity Academy crew is so excited about THP award announcments & our 5 awards received today! In honor of this spicy achievement we are offering ANY 5 BOTTLES for only $20!

Browse the website: www.intensityacademy.com or pick the 1st place THP winners and email IntensityAcademy@verizon.net with your choices. I'll send you a paypal invoice for $20 + shipping.:onfire:

Thank you to all the judges & the hot pepper crew, who have very good taste!!! Congrats to ALL the winners here today! I can't wait to try some of the winning sauces.
~~~Michele

Ok, get this. I sent my e-mail friday late morning, i get a reply from Michele telling my dumbass that i forgot to put my address in the e-mail, i send my address back to her, and then i wake up saturday morning at 10 am and there's the package sitting by the door for me. Now thats fast! Thanks you guys for getting it in the mail so quick to me!

Sickmont said:
Ok, get this. I sent my e-mail friday late morning, i get a reply from Michele telling my dumbass that i forgot to put my address in the e-mail, i send my address back to her, and then i wake up saturday morning at 10 am and there's the package sitting by the door for me. Now thats fast! Thanks you guys for getting it in the mail so quick to me!

What did you get?

thehotpepper.com said:
What did you get?

3 bottles of Chai Chipotle hot sauce, a bottle of Carrot karma, and a bottle of Chai Chipotle Chup. Yeah, i love the Chai Chipotle hot sauce and the Chup. I never tried the Carrot karma so i tossed it in as well.

In Australia the market has slowed as well but people are still spending on food (and luxury food goods), the last few years people have really starting to buy hot products.
BUT Because of a fresh habanero shortage in OZ my stocks levels have been down this summer. It looks like I'll be sold out of about 4 lines by Christmas, unless I can get my hands on some pods soon.
lol
Time to set up the chilli farm.

Congrats everyone

This was my first event for Magnitude Buffalo Wing Sauces. I have heard this award really boosts sales. So we are very honored and excited that you all found our wing sauce deserving of second place. Contrats to Defcon 2 for winning another year.

Cheers,

Derk Benisch
www.pikafoods.com

dbenisch said:
This was my first event for Magnitude Buffalo Wing Sauces. I have heard this award really boosts sales. So we are very honored and excited that you all found our wing sauce deserving of second place. Contrats to Defcon 2 for winning another year.

Cheers,

Derk Benisch
www.pikafoods.com

It is great to hear that THPA increases sales. Congrats on your award, I know some members are looking for some new wing sauces.

dbenisch said:

Cheers,

Derk Benisch
www.pikafoods.com

Thanks Derk, congrats to you as well....

A boost in sales would be a nice Christmas gift. lol Starting a business is definitely not cheap... But when you're anal like me, you tend to change things frequently resulting in wasted capital.

Back